Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Dermalogica Cleansing Gel?
Dermalogica founded in 1986 by the International Dermal Institute, headed by a skin therapist by the name of Jane Wurward, Dermalogica is a brand that was developed to cater for the specialized product needs of therapists trained by the Institute. Promoting skin health and not just beautiful skin is the mission undertaken by Dermalogica. Since then, the brand has been engaged in developing products that work to promote skin health and advance the science of skin care. But, most of its merchandise are known for being overpriced.
Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel Resurfacing Peel, US $38 for 8.4 oz., is a gel cleanser that is soap-free and which is formulated to rid your skin of excess oil, dirt, makeup residue, and other impurities that can cause skin infections and start a breakout.
Dermalogica Cleansing Gel – Does it Really Work?
This product has been formulated, according to its manufacturer, to deliver on the following intended health and beauty benefits that are specially advantageous for people with oily and acne prone skin:
- Even out your skin tone by soothing and calming skin irritations.
- Draw out impurities from your pores and give your skin a mild exfoliation to lift and eliminate the damaged and infected top layer.
- Give your skin a thorough cleanse without the soap and without stripping off your skin’s moisture.
What Are The Ingredients In Dermalogica Cleansing Gel?
- Quillaja Saponaria: Lifts, dissolves and eliminates impurities found sitting on the surface of your skin and stuck within your pores, effectively preventing infection and acne breakouts.
- Lavender Extracts: Calm and soothe skin irritations, which give your skin a healthier appearance and a better toned complexion.
- Citric Acid: This is a wonderful ingredient for treating several skin problems like mild acne, pigmentation, clogged pores, sun tanning, wrinkles, and dark spots. However it may cause irritation or a rash to form.
- Sodium Chloride: It is used to stimulating, cleansing, antiseptic and astringent. It is softening for the skin and hydrates it when used in moderation. However sometimes it causes hives, itching, or rash.
How to apply Dermalogica Cleansing Gel
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel must be integrated into your morning and evening skin care routines.
- Use as the first step in your regimen to prepare your skin to better receive the beneficial ingredients in the succeeding steps, particularly from your serums and creams.
Benefits of Dermalogica Cleansing Gel
- This product is free from pore clogging soaps which can leave product residues that get stuck in your pores making skin unable to breathe, and possibly cause breakouts to begin.
- The formula gives focus on the importance of anti-inflammatories when the primary objective is to purify and clarify your skin which, in a way, serves as the value-added benefit you get from this cleanser.
- Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel reviews make it seem that this product is safe for use by people with sensitive skin, although such guarantees were not made by the manufacturer.
Disadvantages of Dermalogica Cleansing Gel
- There is a tendency for skin to dry out from using getting into contact with this product which happens when too much of the product is dispensed for single use or, when the frequency of cleansing exceeds the recommended twice daily wash only.
- The product carries a relatively expensive price tag relative to other facial cleansers available in the market.
- Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel reviews have pointed out the possibility of counterfeit products circulating in the market which gravely endangers your overall health and safety.
- No substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- The combination of active ingredients is weak.
Does Dermalogica Cleansing Gel Have Any Side-Effects?
Some product components may cause you irritations or severe allergic reactions, depending on your history of sensitivity to any of this product’s components. The parabens and phenoxyethanol in this cleanser are toxic chemicals that can potentially cause your endocrine-system to function oddly and your nervous system to become damaged, respectively.
Final Verdict: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel works just like any ordinary cleanser would. However, it gives you the added benefit of preventing your pores from becoming clogged with soap suds. The anti-inflammatory function is also a welcome value-added function. While it may seem sufficient enough, truly, what you can possibly obtain from this product is not commensurate to its steep price.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: