Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub Review: Does This scrub Really Work?
Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub Overview:
Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub, US $20.50 for a 2.5 oz. tube, is a facial cleansing scrub that rids your skin of impurities as it also gives your the skin energizing effect of scrubbing.
About Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by the brand that strives to professionalize beauty and skin care, Dermalogica. The company was founded as an offshoot of the International Dermal Institute where thousands of graduates became certified beauty professionals every year. With the growing demand for professional grade beauty products, and the difficulty of finding the right products, Dermalogica was created by the same founders of the Institute to respond to the need. Initially, Dermalogica products were made accessible to professionals only then, later, with the rising demand from the general public, Dermalogica products were distributed for general public market.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Eliminate excess oils, product residues, dirt, and other impurities clogging your pores.
- Slough off the thick layer of dead skin sitting on the surface of your skin.
- Help facilitate faster skin exfoliation which, in turn enhances your skin’s repair and regeneration mechanisms to support skin renewal and rejuvenation.
- Promote skin clarity by purifying your skin and relieving it of infections and blemishes.
- Improve your skin’s protection and resilience from future damage and aging.
What Are The Ingredients In Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub?
- Bentonite: A type of clay that helps draw out and absorb impurities from your skin, purifying your skin in the process and leaving you with shine-free, mattified complexion.
- Safflower Seed Oil: It is characterized by its anti-inflammatory properties, it relieves your skin of visible signs of inflammation while it boosts your skin’s moisture and antioxidant levels.
- Kaolin: A clay ingredient absorbs excess oils which helps keep your skin from greasing.
- Green Tea: It contains powerful antioxidants that protect as well as support your skin in reviving its optimal health and youthful appearance.
- Licorice Root Extract: It has natural anti-inflammatory properties that helps relieve your skin of multiple signs of inflammation to promote a more even toned skin.
- Salicylic Acid: It has exfoliation functions that support faster skin regeneration and renewal, and it also helps control and regulate oil production in your skin.
Directions To Use:
Give your skin a quick cleanse with a non-drying cleanser. Pat dry. While damp, apply Dermalogica Clear Start Scrub. Spread evenly then wait for 5 to 7 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water, Immediately follow through with your moisturizing serum and cream.
- Dermalogica Clear Start Scrub contains ingredients that will not just cleanse but deep cleanse plus purify your skin.
- This product appears to be widely available on reputable online stores.
- The formula is infused with several ingredients that will have been great in a non-rinse off product like a essence or moisturizer.
- Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub reviews are severely limited.
Does Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub:
- Skin irritation due to botanical and fragrance ingredients.
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to alcohol.
Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub Customer Reviews:
Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub reviews read:
- “Another bomb from Dermalogica. This irritated and burned my skin to no end. The scrub is a grainy paste filled with skin irritants such as lemongrass oil and menthol. Immediately after application, this scrub started a burning sensation on my skin. The only other product I have ever experienced irritation from is, well, Dermalogica Clear Start Toner, also with lemongrass oil and citrus oils thrown in for good measure. Horrid product.” — flairgirl8 on MakeupAlley
- “Used the scrub with the medibac kit. Used it twice during my breakout week and it made my skin feel really clean and refreshed. Stopped using the scrub once breakout was over. I will definitely keep for my routine when having breakout issues and would recommend..” — User Review on Ulta
Dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing & Pore Control Scrub delivers skin cleansing benefits that are possible to be derived from this product. However, when acne is an issue for your skin, scrubbing is generally often not recommended.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Scrub Cleanser formulations on the market in our opinion: