Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Review: Does It Really Work?
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Introduction
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, US $50 for 2.6 oz., is an at-home exfoliating product that helps rid your skin of dead skin cells, excess oils, and other impurities to purify your skin and improve its clarity.
What Does Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Cleanse and clear your skin of impurities that get between you and your naturally beautiful skin
- Eliminate the dead and damaged surface layer to encourage faster and more efficient skin turnover to happen sooner
- Promote a more even skin tone by lightening dark marks and improving your skin’s overall radiance
- Smoothen and soften your skin
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Manufacturer’s Detail
Dermalogica was established in 1986 to supply the needs of skincare therapists for professional products that deliver top quality results their clients can see and feel on their skin. It complemented the International Dermal Institute where thousands of skincare therapists graduate year after year. The sister entities continuously collaborate to deliver products that perform and make these available for everybody to enjoy under the Dermalogica label.
Working of Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
This product harnesses the skin purifying, moisturizing and brightening properties of rice water. When combined with salicylic acid, this solution attracts, dissolves then, eliminates impurities from your skin gently and effortlessly without the need for vigorous scrubbing which can damage and irritate your skin.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Ingredients
- Microcrystalline Cellulose: Use very refined particles to exfoliate and clear your skin of fine impurities, rubbing against your skin yet remains gentle enough so as not to hurt your skin
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate: Derived from coconut oil, it loosens up dirt and grime to break it and enable the solution to dissolve it
- Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate: Helps restore your skin’s optimal moisture content, it also helps rebuild and strengthen your skin’s protective barrier so that it can better resist future damage
- Colloidal Oatmeal: Enhances the delivery of beneficial ingredients to purify your skin deep down to the pores
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran: Has natural anti-inflammatory properties, it relieves irritated skin and promotes a more even skin tone
- Salicylic Acid: A beta hydroxy acid that delivers exfoliation and encourages faster regeneration and turnover
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Acts as a protective antioxidant, it revitalizes your skin
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Pros
- This product has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to be suitable for use on all skin types, including on people with sensitive skin.
- The formula is rid of artificial fragrances and synthetic dyes which can irritate your skin
This product does not contain parabens and PEGs, chemicals which can cause adverse effects to your overall health and well-being
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Cons
- This product can cause skin dryness for stripping away your skin’s natural oils, which may not make it suitable for use on dry skin types.
- The salicylic acid in the formula will have limited function because this product is meant to be rinsed compared to when the ingredient is infused in a leave-on product.
- This product must not be used on sensitive skin contrary to what manufacturer guarantees because scrubs are generally not recommended for people with acne-prone and sensitive skin types.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including grapefruit peel, may be experienced.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant must be applied on wet face, activating the product first by rubbing between your palms. Massage onto your skin for about 1 minute before rinsing off completely with lukewarm water.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant has what it takes to give your skin a deeper clean. Although, despite the addition of salicylic acid in the formula, this solution remains dependent on physical scrubbing as the primary mode of exfoliation. Salicylic acid, as is with other AHAs and BHAs are best used as leave-on treatments. In any case, your satisfaction with this product is largely dependent on how suitable this regimen is to your skin type and skin needs.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: