Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant Exfoliator Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant?
This product is manufactured and distributed by Dermalogica, a skincare company established in 1986. Originally, this product was intended for the use of skincare therapists that its center, the International Dermal Institute, trains approximately 75,000 students every year. Today, the brand boasts of a robust lineup of products for everyone to enjoy, ranging from cleansers, moisturizers, exfoliants, and everything else beyond and in between. However, most of its merchandise are known for being overpriced from this brand.
This product has been formulated with the damaging and aging effect of environmental stressors under primary consideration. It addresses these directly with Activated Binchotan Charcoal. Simultaneously, your skin is treated to a significant moisture and nutrient boost to promote its overall health and youthful appearance. Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant, US $59 for 2.0 oz., is a powder exfoliant that purifies and exfoliates your skin everyday to resurface beautiful, blemish-free skin every single day as well.
Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant – Does It Really Work?
The manufacturer claims that this product has been specially formulated to deliver the following improvements to your skin:
- Rids your skin of impurities and draws out grime from your pores as well.
- Delivers deep cleansing to protect your skin from irreversible damage and aging caused by environmental stressors everyday.
- Helps prevent premature skin aging.
- Smoothens and brightens your skin with regular use.
What Are The Ingredients In Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant?
- Activated Binchotan Charcoal: Adsorbs impurities deposited in your pores and stuck on the surface of your skin, purifying your skin and helping your skin fight early signs of skin aging.
- Niacinamide: Has antioxidant properties, this ingredient also helps enhance nutrient and fluid circulation, promotes enhanced moisture absorption, and aids in re-energizing your skin cells to make repair, rejuvenation and renewal happen at much faster rates and in a more efficient manner. However its effectiveness is not proven.
- Red Algae: Enhances skin moisture and nutrient content, it also provides antioxidant protection that defends your skin from free radicals.
- Tara Fruit Extract: Provides added antioxidant protection to defend your skin from environmental stressors.
- Oryza Sativa Starch: Has natural anti-inflammatory properties that helps calm and soothe skin irritations to promote a better and more even skin tone.
How To Apply Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant must only be used on freshly cleansed skin.
- Rub about half a teaspoon of the product between your palms then, massage in and leave on for 1 minute before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this once everyday as recommended or, a few times in a week if your skin does not tolerate the product well.
Benefits Of Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
- This product does not contain endocrine-disrupting parabens, artificial colors and fragrances.
- Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant reviews have generally indicated that this product will not leave your skin greasy nor tacky.
- The formula is infused with several skin brighteners to lighten dark marks and enhance your overall skin tone however its not proven clinically.
Disadvantages Of Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
- This product is not recommended for use on skin that received medical-grade, in-clinic procedures or treatments.
- This product is formulated with several botanical ingredients that can potentially irritate your skin.
- Users have complained about this product’s poor packaging which wastes a lot of the product with every use.
- The combination of active ingredients is weak.
- Claims to be proven but it was not tested by an independent laboratory.
Does Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant Have Any Side-Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, particularly fragrance ingredients and botanical extracts, depending on your history of allergies and reactivity with these ingredients.
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to silicones.
Final Verdict: Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant may be the purifying step you need everyday to revitalize your skin. Frankly, it still isn’t clear to us why anybody might need this extra step when you have a good cleanser to do what this product proposes to do for your skin. Finding the right cleanser, therefore, will save you time, money and effort from having to add on this product to your routine. If you needed an extra boost, you may have to seriously consider getting a daily AHA/BHA treatment instead.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top 5 Exfoliators Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."