Dermalogica Superfoliant Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant?
Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant, US $58 for 2.0 oz., gives your skin a health boost by ridding it of pollutants that stop your skin from radiating a healthy complexion.
More specifically, this product promises to deliver the following beauty benefits:
- Resurface and absorb pollutants stuck on the surface and deep within your skin
- Gently rid your skin of impurities on a regular basis
- Give your skin an antioxidant boost and help guarantee premium skin protection that stays effective down to the cellular level
- Improve skin nutrition, metabolism and fluid circulation
This product has been formulated by Dermalogica, a brand conceptualized by a UK esthetician back in 1983, which, today, manufactures products that are informed by its founders’ years of experience running the International Dermal Institute.
What are the ingredients in Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant?
- Alpha hydroxy acids: Gently sloughs off your skin’s top layer with every wash to regularly rid of excess oils, pollution, and product residues that prevent your skin from giving off a naturally glowing complexion as it also stimulates faster rates and higher volumes of collagen production.
- Activated Binchotan Charcoal: Absorbs environmental toxins stuck in your skin to purify your skin and rid it of harmful pollutants that can cause permanent damage to your skin.
- Niacinamide: Provides powerful antioxidant protection while also improving cell nourishment and drainage of toxins by improving microcirculation; supports skin synthesis and restoring skin resilience from damage.
- Red Algae: Repairs your skin’s protective surface layer to help your skin regain healthy moisture levels while also improving your skin’s spongelike qualities for it to better capture and retain moisture.
- Tara Fruit: Boosts your skin’s antioxidant protection while also improving cell metabolism that helps restore cellular energy and bring back efficiency in repair and regeneration mechanisms.
How to apply Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
Use Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant once or twice daily following a cleanse. Take about a teaspoonful of the black powder and lather on wet skin to form bubbles which are activated when rinsed and ready to lift and resurface pollutants stuck in your skin.
Benefits of Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
- Product contains several anti-inflammatory ingredients that soothe and calm skin irritations
- Product provides a solid list of antioxidants which, combined, are able to provide potent protection against UV and free radical induced damages to the surface, matrix and cells of your skin
Disadvantages of Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
- Product contains fragrance ingredients which can cause your skin to become irritated, and which makes this product not recommended for use by people with sensitive and problematic skin types.
- Product contains menthol ingredients which may cause some people to become reactive.
- Manufactured failed to provide studies to show formula efficacy and product potency which is particularly important with unique products such as this is.
Final Verdict: Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant
Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant’s rich antioxidant content and grime resurfacing power can give your skin a much-needed boost most especially on days when you feel stressed and fatigued. Other than positive consumer testimonials, however, there is no evidence that this formula actually works as claimed.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: