Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Review
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Introduction
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant, US $43 for 2.5 oz., is an exfoliating formula that uses a combination of alpha and beta hydroxy acids as primary ingredients to transform your skin from its dull, lifeless state, to a more vibrant vibe.
What Does Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Claim
This product has been specially formulated to deliver the following specific improvements for your skin:
- Deliver the gentle exfoliating powers of an alpha and a beta hydroxy acid to promote skin renewal
- Improve your skin’s hydration levels, giving it an optimal moisture content that makes your skin firmer, denser, and more elastic
- Promote faster rates of skin regeneration and turnover
- Helps revitalize the delicate skin around your eyes without causing these to become irritated
- Facilitate more efficient skin healing that helps make your skin softer, smoother and brighter
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Manufacturer’s Detail
Founded 1986 in Carson, California, Dermalogica is a skincare company that was developed originally to cater to the needs of skin therapists who studied at the International Dermal Institute who could not find suitable products that were consistent with their new learnings. The Institute and Dermalogica were both founded by a professional skin therapist. Today, Dermalogica is being sold in close to 100 countries worldwide.
Working of Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant
This product works by eliminating your skin’s damaged top layer so that a new skin layer can surface that makes you appear younger looking. Simultaneously, this product works on restoring your skin’s health and nourishment almost immediately.
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Ingredients
- Lactic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid that gently sloughs off your skin and eliminates the top layer so that a newer, younger skin can form and rise to the surface to replace the damaged layer
- Salicylic Acid: Has oil controlling and skin flaking regulating properties that helps better manage your skin’s moisture
- Aloe Vera: Heals and treats your skin, specifically by working with your skin’s natural healing and repair mechanisms, while also simultaneously rebuilding your skin’s surface layer to make it more resilient against damage and infections
- Apricot Kernel Oil: Contains high levels of Gamma Linoleic Acid which helps calm skin irritations and relieve your skin of multiple signs of inflammation, as it simultaneously supplies your skin with rich levels of Vitamin A to promote skin renewal and Vitamin E to help restore your skin’s healthy nourishment levels
- Diatomaceous Earth: Clears and cleans your skin’s surface as well as promotes the detoxification and elimination of toxins to support the feeling and appearance of healthier, more refined skin
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Pros
- This product has been specifically formulated to ever so gently lift and then eliminate your damaged top skin layer to help speed up renewal.
- This product is formulated with ingredients that have very strong anti-inflammatory and healing properties that helps counteract the
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Cons
- This product may not work well for all types of skin, based on users’ feedback.
- Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant reviews includes one posted by a skin care professional who pointed out that your skin can become irritated with several ingredients in the formula.
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Side Effects
By the very nature of this product, it must be expected that this product may redound to mild to severe cases of skin irritations and, possibly, other forms of allergies depending on your tolerance to ingredients included in this product’s formulation.
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant must be applied only on freshly cleansed and toned skin. Spread evenly and leave on your skin for 10 minutes before rinsing off completely with lukewarm water. Use for at least once up to two times weekly for optimal results.
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant is, like most other skin care products, a formula that works for others and not for the rest. Oily to combination skin seems like the most suited skin types for this product and may fit you well if this is the kind of skin that you have. Otherwise, you should keep your eyes open for alternatives.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: