Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance Review: Is It Effective?
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance Description
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance is a balancing moisturizer that is packed with antioxidants and vitamins that help reverse skin damage and dryness to create a youthful, wrinkle-free appearance. Dermalogica, founded in 1986 by a UK skin therapist, seeks to pursue skin health over “beauty” in order to repair and enhance skin for a truly beautiful appearance. This product can be purchased for $66 on the manufacturer’s site and through retailers like Ulta. While Dermalogica allows returns, they don’t provide a true money-back guarantee.
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance Ingredients
Below is the key ingredient list. The full ingredient list can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
- Aloe: Plant extract that heals and soothes the skin
- Echinacea Purpurea Extract: Flower extract that hydrates skin and reduces wrinkles
- Grape Seed Extract: Anti-inflammatory that is rich in antioxidants to reduce puffiness and protect the skin from damage
- Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract: This plant extract protects from sun damage and protects skin’s natural moisturize barrier
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract: Anti-inflammatory plant that also rejuvenates the skin by stimulating blood flow
- Wild Yam Root Extract: Antioxidant-rich plant that can help reverse hyperpigmentation
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Powerful humectant that attracts moisture to itself to fill in fine lines and smooth the skin with extreme hydration
- Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A): Brightens the skin and encourages new cell turnover
- Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C): Heals skin and improves elasticity
- Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E): Protects against free radicals
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance is meant to be applied to damp skin, smoothing product into the face and neck in upward strokes. Use this moisturizer daily, in the morning and at night.
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance Advantages
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Leave skin soft, supple to the touch
- Protect skin against free radicals to prevent further age damage
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance Disadvantages
- No documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
- While the company provides the ingredient list, it does not provide the ingredient amounts
- No money-back guarantee
Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance is designed to reverse age signs like fine lines and wrinkles by providing extreme moisture to fill in cracks in the skin and make the skin softer. It also contains protective antioxidants that heal skin and guard it from future damage. While the company is forthcoming with the ingredient list, and even though many of the ingredients in this product are well-known anti-aging/moisturizing ingredients, no study results or documentation proving this ingredient’s effectiveness is readily supplied. This, combined with the fact that no amounts are given for the ingredients, makes it very hard to confirm the effectiveness and strength of this product. However, in any amounts, ingredients such as hyaluronic acid do provide moisturizing effects on the skin. Dermalogica does not provide a money-back guarantee. You can only get a refund if the product is unopened, so you cannot try the product risk-free. There are many moisturizers available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: