Dermalogica UltraCalming Redness Relief Primer Review: Should You Buy This Sunscreen?
Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer Overview:
Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer, US $48 for a 0.75 oz. tube, is a tinted sunscreen infused with a treatment solution specially formulated to help resolve skin irritations and associated skin redness and inflammation.
About Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Dermalogica, the skin care brand originally conceptualized and meant for the use of skin care professionals now made widely available to end-users both online and in physical stores. Dermalogica was drawn up by the same group that first sought to professionalize the practice of beauty and skin care through the establishment of the International Dermal Institute.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Neutralize the redness of your skin to help you achieve a more even skin tone.
- Relieve your skin from redness and other forms of inflammation to calm your skin which, in turn, causes your skin to even out.
- Deliver a deeply soothing relief to comfort your skin.
- Enhance your skin’s resilience to infections and inflammations by strengthening your skin and improving skin synthesis.
- Protect your skin from further discoloration caused by photodamage.
What Are The Ingredients In Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer ?
- Titanium Dioxide (3.0%) and Zinc Oxide (8.5%): Mineral sunscreen agents that provide your skin with a physical sunblock protection that shields you from skin damaging UVA and UVB rays to help prevent photodamage as these ingredients also render corrective functions to improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin.
- Green Botanical Extracts: Instantly even out your skin tone by neutralizing your reddish complexion, acting as a concealer that immediately brightens your skin’s overall appearance.
- Oat Kernel Extract: Improves your skin’s moisture content, it also helps relieve and alleviate skin irritations by calming your skin.
Directions To Use:
Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer is recommended to be applied on skin at least 30 minutes before getting sun exposure to allow the product to become activated to protect your skin from photoaging and UV damage.
- Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer provides a combination of instant relief from redness and protection from further skin discoloration caused by UV.
- This product is not formulated with chemical sunscreen agents which have been proven time and again to cause adverse effects to people’s general health and well-being.
- This product does not appear to emphasize on delivering longer-term results that have a lingering effect on your skin.
- Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer reviews indicate that this product does not serve as an ideal base or primer for makeup because the product has a hard time staying in place due to its slippery consistency.
Does Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol and a long list of botanical ingredients.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain related dysfunctions due to phenoxyethanol.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs.
Dermalogica Redness Relief Primer is a serious formulation specifically targeting to address inflamed skin using a smart solution that can significantly help you cutdown on prep time. However, while this product may render instant improvements to your chronically irritated skin, it may not necessarily heal nor improve it to deliver lasting results. It all boils down to your purpose for wanting this product in your stash.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."