Dermalogica Total Eye Care Review: Does This Product Deliver Results?
Dermalogica Total Eye Care is an eye cream which combines ingredients meant to rejuvenate and nourish the skin tissues around the eyes with SPF 15 sun protection, meant to stop further skin injury from sun exposure in its tracks. The product is sold in tubes containing a half-ounce each, which the manufacturer sells for $50 each. We were able to find it for sale for much lower prices (as low as $29.05) on other online retailers, though, so it can pay to shop around. Unfortunately we could not find many signs of a return policy, but individual retail outlets should have their own consumer guarantees.
A full list of ingredients for Dermalogica Total Eye Care is provided, but it is not clear which of these many ingredients are meant to perform its various functions. There is no clinical information on its functionality, either, although the manufacturer describes a “chemical free SPF” and “optical light diffusers” as being included.
After your morning cleaning routine, gently pat the material around your entire eye area, blending inwards from the outer corner.
- This product is designed to support the healthy appearance of the skin under the eye, which can be delicate
- It includes a sun protectant, which is an often-overlooked part of skin protection
- It comes in a conveniently sized tube
- The makers say it’s ideal for contact lens wearers
- The exact active ingredients for this product aren’t available
- No clinical trials or other studies are cited regarding the effectiveness of this product
- Price is very high compared to simple sunscreen, which is the only firmly cited functionality in the product
Dermalogica Total Eye Care presents a promising combination of ingredients, hoping to restore a pleasantly healthy appearance while simultaneously protecting your skin from the sun. However, they provide very little information on how this would be accomplished, or why you should trust in this product instead of less expensive sunscreens or other moisturizing products. The price is also very high – even if you buy at other retailers rather than direct from the manufacturer. We suggest that you search the market thoroughly before settling on this or any other eye cream, because price and quality don’t always go together, and you deserve the best for your hard-earned money.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."