Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser?
Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser is a gel/cream cleanser perfect for sensitive and reactive skin. It not only removes impurities but also cools the face to calm redness. It also works as a pH balancer and restores the skin’s natural protective barrier.
Dermalogica was developed by The International Dermal Institute, and their products are the number one choice of skin care professionals worldwide.
Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser is $38 on the manufacturer’s site. It is also sold at retailers like Ulta and Walgreens, where it can sometimes be found at a reduced price. However there are many other well known brands in the market with similar effects and ingredients and they come in a affordable range.
What Are The Ingredients In Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser?
- Cetearyl Alcohol: This ingredient works as an emollient, emulsifier, thickener and carrying agent for other ingredients contained in a cosmetic solution.
- Glycerin: This ingredient helps skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation but also can cause skin irritation to sensitive skin.
- Cucumber Fruit Extract: This ingredient is very well known for their hydrating and soothing benefits.
- Butylene Glycol: This ingredient is a colorless organic alcohol used as a solvent and as a conditioning agent. This ingredient can cause a rashes and other forms of irritation in individuals with sensitive skin.
How To Apply Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Apply to face and neck, massage in gently using upward strokes, then dry with warm water or wipe off with cotton pads.
- This is part of Dermalogica’s full UltraCalming system and is suggested for use before the UltraCalming Mist and the Barrier Repair.
Benefits Of Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser
- This product helps remove impurities.
- Great for sensitive skin.
- Cooling and calming. Although Many user reviews say it isn’t very effective.
Disadvantages of Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser
- No documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied.
- This product is comparatively expensive.
- This product has a unpleasant smell.
- This product is not suitable for dry skin.
Final Verdict: Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser
Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser maybe a pH balancer and can remove impurities, it can also cause skin irritation due to the artificial fragrances it contains. In addition to missing documentation backing the effectiveness of this particular formulation, one cannot be sure of the benefits it can provide. This contains Glycerin which can cause severe allergic reaction such as hives, rash and swelling. This is an alarming ingredient content so we do not recommend using this product without proper skin testing.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Facial Cleansers
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."