Dermapril-SP: Does Dermapril-SP Work?
Dermapril-SP is a wrinkle crème made by and sold through Rauscher Bekke, LLC out of South Florida. Rauscher Bekke is a member of the Better Business Bureau in good standing. It appears as though the only business this LLC operates is the production and online sale of the Dermapril-SP Wrinkle Crème.
Dermapril-SP – Product Description
Dermapril-SP claims to be an age-defying wrinkle crème formula that will diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging. It’s power ingredient is the patented Matrixyl 3000. Though it is not clear exactly what Matrixyl 3000 is, the makers describe it as a “European anti-aging compound clinically shown to decrease the appearance of wrinkle volume, wrinkle density, while increasing skin firmness and radiance.” The other key ingredient is Micro-collagen. A complete listing of the product’s ingredients is presented on the company’s web site. Dermapril-SP is forthcoming about its testing. Three studies were conducted on three types of subjects: human fibroblasts, human full thickness skin biopsies, and human volunteers over a six month period. All test results were positive. Despite the fact that the product contains fragrance, it had a 100% reaction-free response from the 25 test subjects who used the product for eight weeks. It is assumed that the aforementioned studies produced the results indicating the decrease in appearance of wrinkle volume by up to 44% and the decrease in appearance of wrinkle density by up to 37%. It is not clear how quickly results may be obtained. Dermapril-SP is presumably for use on the face, but the instructions do not specify where to use it. The before/after pictures shown feature the eye area only). Dermapril-SP’s makers recommend that it be used twice a day—in the morning and evening. However, it should be noted that a one-month supply is not intended for use more than once a day.
- Information given on clinical studies
- Full ingredient disclosure
- Only one product makes it easy to fit into your skin care routine
- Only one product by the company focuses efforts
- Positive before/after pictures and testimonial
Dermapril-SP – Drawbacks
- Unclear how quickly results may be expected
- Unclear where the product can be used
- Only vague information available on Matrixyl 3000
- Free trial not really free
Dermapril-SP – The Bottomline
We like that Dermapril-SP is open about its ingredients and gives information about the types of studies they conducted. Too often, this type of information is lacking from a skincare product’s makers. It is also realistic, positive, and healthy that the company recommends a healthy diet and exercise for the maintenance of healthy skin. However, we would like to see more information on how and where to use the product. Should it be used in conjunction with other aspects of a skincare regime? Should it be used on just the eyes, or is it recommended for the forehead, neck, etc.?
What are the short vs. long-term results users can expect? We have a hard time feeling good about a product that forces you to receive a “free trial” which, after $5.95 for shipping, is only free if you do not like it. If you do like it or forget to send it back within 14 days, you are automatically charged $69.95 for your “free trial.” You then receive a “free” membership which is just another way of saying you will be auto-shipped. Lastly, it is also questionable that a 30-day supply is only a 30-day supply if the customer does not use the product as often as is recommended. Tricky details like this unfortunately make one question the validity of all the wonderful testing that was conducted.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.