DermaSilk Review: Does It Really Work?
DermaSilk is a line of eight products manufactured by Cosmedex. Three products are taken orally, while the other five are creams that are applied to the chin, face and neck, or eye area. The intended uses of these products include fighting wrinkles, addressing skin sagging, promoting hydration, reducing the appearance of double chins, and reducing puffiness and lines around the eyes.
DermaSilk – Product Description
There is little information provided about the three DermaSilk supplements. While the site does explain the science behind wrinkles and skin sagging, it is not clear how these supplements will address these problems. No ingredient list is provided.
Information provided about the topical products is more complete. Clinical results, testimonials, photos, ingredient lists, and an outline of the key benefits associated with the cream are provided for several products, but not all. A key concern is that only one product – the DermaSilk 5 Minute Facelift – has any info about the benefits of the ingredients and how they can help users achieve positive results.
Prices for the products range from $29.99 to $39.99. The site promises a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Customers must request a refund within 60 days and pay return postage costs. There is little information about the company and whether it has a history of manufacturing skin care products.
- Reasonable prices
- Good info for skin creams and serums
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Limited info about supplements
- Company information lacking
- Inadequate information regarding ingredient benefits
DermaSilk – The Bottom Line
The lack of evidence regarding the effectiveness of several products is a concern. Those considering DermaSilk products may want to try the creams and serums that have good supporting information and have been clinically tested instead of investing in the apparently unproven supplements.
Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.