Dermavexin is a skin care product that proudly admits to using ‘controversial’ stem cell technology. Whether it actually does or not is hard to say as there does not appear to be any clinical evidence, but the results that it produces certainly do mimic this process by restoring skin cells, thereby reducing signs of aging.
The information for Dermavexin is quite limited on the official website. The site is very attractive and user-friendly, but the information is repeated in many of the sections. A short customer testimonials section is included where it is apparent that the cream is used by both men and women. The site also contains FAQ’s but, again, this is very brief and uninformative.
According to the manufacturers, Dermavexin starts working almost immediately on the skin and illustrates the results in a series of photos. Although optimum results are achieved in approximately 4-6 months, Dermavexin can be used indefinitely to prevent further damage and maintain the restored skin cells.
Dermavexin – Product Description
Dermavexin is a scientifically developed formula that combines peptides, lubricants and skin hydrators as the key ingredients. The five peptides used are Peption 5, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Oligopeptide-29, Octapeptide-4 and Decapeptide-7 which are all essential in stimulating the body’s collagen producing ability, a process that slows as we age causing wrinkles, sagging and fine lines. The lubricant Jojoba oil is included in Dermavexin as are anti-irritant ingredients such as Allantoin, thought to be gentler than the often used Retinol.
Although the full ingredient list is shown, no individual amounts are provided so it is not certain how powerful the formula would be. Also, it should be noted that Dermavexin does contain perfume which may cause irritation for those with sensitive skin.
Dermavexin can be used either on its own or under make-up and should be applied at least twice a day after cleansing.
Dermavexin – Advantages
- Dermavexin contains essential peptides
- The cream is designed to stimulate and restore new skin cells
- The company provides a 100%, 60-day money back guarantee
- A full ingredient list is shown
- Both men and women have had success with the product
- Dermavexin has received positive consumer feedback
- The company offers discounted prices for multiple orders
- The official website is user-friendly
Dermavexin – Drawbacks
- No clinical studies are provided as proof of Dermavexin’s success
- No consumer ‘Before and After’ pictures are shown
- Dermavexin is expensive, costing $125.00 for a one month supply
- It is unlikely to work ‘immediately’
- The website contains repeated information
- Dermavexin is not available in independent retail stores
Dermavexin – The Bottomline
If in fact Dermavexin does use the controversial stem cell technology, some consumers may not feel completely at ease purchasing this product. However, judging from the ingredients listed, Dermavexin does contain some good, proven substances not all of which are chemically based (for example, Jojoba oil and Glycerin). If the cream really did achieve the amazing results as claimed it would be good to see some proof in the form of clinical studies but, like so many other skin creams, no such information is provided.
Dermavexin is very expensive compared to similar skin care treatments and $125.00 is a lot of money to spend on a product that is relatively unknown. There have not been any complaints filed against the company in terms of their return policy, so providing one feels comfortable spending the money, Dermavexin may be worth trying for at least 60 days, the length of the guarantee.
Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."