Dermavisu is a moisturizing,anti-aging serum that targets the visibility of facial wrinkles. Its difference to similar products is that it continuously decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles the longer it is used, with noticeable results in just 2 weeks. Its active ingredients are octapeptide, a wrinkle reducer, and hydronium 55, a specialised type of chemical water.
The cost of Dermavisu is $250.00 per bottle (which last 3 months, although the size isn’t clearly discernible), although currently the site is offering a limited supply of bottles for $125 each. Also for sale is their microdermabrasion cloth (used to exfoliate the face), which is free if you buy two bottles of the serum. Shipping is within 2-5 business days, and sadly there is neither no trial nor a money-back guarantee: the site states that all sales are final “to keep prices as low as possible”.However there are many other well known brands in the market with similar effects and ingredients and they come in a affordable range.
The serum has 6 main active ingredients.
- Hydronium 55 is a chemical water which neutralises skin-damaging free radicals and helps combat anti-oxidants on the cellular level.
- Snap-8 (an octapeptide) is a protein that specifically targets wrinkles in a similar manner to Botox’s botulinum toxin, but is milder in its action. The formula also includes a collagen-promoting ingredient.
- Syn-Coll and DMAE (diamethylaminoethanol), which has a firming effect on the skin.
- Frankincense and jojoba, known respectively for their anti-inflammatory and moisture-controlling properties. Although It can cause some side effects such as rash and allergic reactions.
- A non-surgical alternative to Botox that works similarly.
- This product helps to stimulate collagen production in the skin.
- This product is suitable for all skin types. Although there are no reviews backing up this claim.
- Expensive, no trial or money-back guarantee.
- Little detail on ingredients list.
- No information on clinical trial results, not FDA-approved.
- No phone number or postal address, just email contact.
While Dermavisu appears to be a promising anti-wrinkle treatment, there’s little impartial information on the web about positive or negative experiences with the product, and it is difficult to determine what some of the renamed ingredients (e.g. Syn-Coll) actually are. There is no information listed on clinical trials of its indecipherable ingredients. The company makes a point of stating on their site that there are no refunds for any reason to keep costs down, but yet makes bold claims of their product’s superiority over others. Without any free trial, low-cost sample or money-back guarantee, $125 (or $250 at the full price) seems too much to pay if the product does not live up to its promises.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.