Dermitage: Does Dermitage Work?
Dermitage is an anti-cellulite system that uses all-natural ingredients. It consists of a two-step system – gel and soap – and its principal ingredients are moisturizers such as Spirulina, and tightening agents such as Soybean extract. Its main selling point is its emphasis on its Brazilian ingredients as a fun, exotic lifestyle (“Get rid of cellulite…the Brazilian way”). The company promises 50% less cellulite, 60% more skin elasticity and 50% smoother skin, all over a 42-day use, as profiled in a clinical trial.
The site’s layout is bright and eye-catching, and echoes the more promient colours (green and yellow) of the Brazilian flag. The main visual focus here is on displaying the expected results, with before and after photos, alongside before/after flash animations showing the product at work. The technical layout of the site was impressively clean, well-organised and with the feel of a more high-end moisturizing product, with less cluttering sales text.
Along with the two sets of untouched before and after photos are some mini testimonials, one of which claimed she saw noticeable changes after 7 days of using the product. The site’s FAQ section states that results should be seen at least 3 weeks after twice-daily usage.
Dermitage – Product Description
The toning gel and soap both consist of the aforementioned all-natural ingredients, which allows for use on sensitive skin. The breakdown of its effectiveness is categorized as reducing the cellulite and then firming and toning the skin, with the added benefit as a non-surgical option with a “sustained release”, which continually fights the cellulite throughout the day. There is a helpful breakdown of the purpose of each key ingredient, such as L-carnitine’s fat-burning properties, Catuaba which targets “dimple” fat deposits, and Soy Isoflavones, which tighten and firm the skin.
The company offer a free 30-day trial for this and any of its other products, including anti-under eye circle and anti-aging creams. On the site’s main page, they also state that they donate $1 from every trial to breast cancer research. It’s also suggested that a low-fat diet and exercise boost the effectiveness of the system.
On a negative note, the price can only be found by signing up for the “free trial” and inputting a name and full address. On the order page it says “try it FREE!” but in the very fine, grey-ish print at the bottom of the page, the price is revealed to be $99.95 if the trial is not canceled. That being said, the product is shipped quickly, within one business day of ordering.
- All-natural ingredients
- Simple system (just two steps – gel and soap)
- Results expected in only 3 weeks
- Fast delivery
- Free 30-day trial (plus delivery costs)
Dermitage – Drawbacks
- Price isn’t disclosed until ordering page
- The “simulated imagery – results not typical” before/after animation was disappointingly misleading
- Mixed reviews about the product – one online review stated it was overpriced
Dermitage – The Bottomline
The all-natural ingredients are a refreshing idea, particularly for those with sensitive skin. The “fun” aspect of selling Brazilian skincare secrets as a beauty lifestyle also has an exotic appeal, and there are photo testimonials and clinical research results to back up the product’s claims. As results are promised after three weeks, the free 4-week trial is of use in determining if the product is in fact for you. The trial is easily cancelled via their customer service line. In addition, the company’s admirable practice of donating $1 of every trial or purchase makes them stand out in the current market.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.