DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 Review
DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 Introduction
DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25, US $25 for 30 ml, is a mineral sunscreen that provides you with broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection while simultaneously brightening your skin tone.
What Does DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection that uses only mineral sunscreen components, safer alternatives to chemical sunscreen actives
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant protection levels
- Promote your skin’s natural glow and radiance
DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 Manufacturer’s Detail
DHC is a company that did not become immediately involved in the skincare and beauty industry when it was founded in 1972. By 1980, the product started formulating products that consisted of olive oil, a powerful ingredient that helps repair and regenerate skin. Today, DHC has become a recognized player in skincare, and has since expanded its operations now reaching the US, France,Shanghai, South Korea, Tawian and Hong Kong, with business interests in the nutritional supplements, food, jewelry, clothing and housewares industries.
Working of DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25
This product makes use of mineral sunscreen actives to create another layer on top of your skin surface that will protect it from damage and aging caused by UV exposure. The UV protection function is amped up with the addition of powerful antioxidants. Simultaneously, this product promotes your brighter complexion with the addition of alpha arbutin.
DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 Ingredients
- Titanium Dioxide (5.0%) and Zinc Oxide (10.0%): Physical sunscreens that protect your skin from skin damage and aging caused by UV
- Olive Oil: Provides antioxidant protection, it also helps restore your skin’s optimal moisture levels to revitalize your skin cells and your skin matrix
- Magnolia Bark Extract: Contains significant amounts and a powerful variety of antioxidants that provides even more protection than most other antioxidants commonly added to skin care products, it also has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe and calm skin irritations
- Alpha Arbutin: A natural skin brightener, this ingredient gradually releases hydroquinone into the skin to inhibit the production of melanin by blocking tyrosinase, an enzyme that enables melanin production, pathways
DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 Pros
- This product is lightweight, absorbs quickly, and is instantly hydrating to the skin.
- The formula is mildly scented, leaving your skin with a refreshing after application smell that is very light and does not linger.
- This product makes use of mineral sunscreens only, and does not have chemical sunscreens which are associated with many side effects that affect your overall health and well-being
DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 Cons
- Since this product is formulated with mineral sunscreens, it leaves a white cast on your skin which changes the tone of your foundation so, make sure to check out how it affects your foundation before going out wearing this with your day time makeup.
- Several DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 reviews cited that this product is too expensive relative to most other day time sunscreens made for daily application.
DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including several synthetic ingredients
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs
- Increased risk for clogged pores and breakouts due to silicones
Apply DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the open. Reapply throughout the day, after sweating profusely or, after your skin gets wet.
DHC White Sunscreen SPF 25 is certainly one of the better, safer alternatives to toxic chemical sunscreens. On top of sun protection, this one adds a skin lightening function. However, this product will not suit all skin types nor fit all intended uses. If you are looking for a product to help you stay protected doing water sporting activities, or, want to use it regularly with your makeup, this may not be the best product that will work best for your purpose.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: