Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Toner Review: Does It Really Work?
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Introduction
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel, US $8 for 16 fl. oz., is an astringent that provides immediate relief of irritating skin conditions that include redness, insect bites, itchiness, and other signs of skin inflammation.
What Does Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Claim
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, you can expect this product to be a true blue multi-tasker that delivers the following beneficial effects to your skin:
- Cleanses your skin to help prevent infections and facilitate faster skin healing
- Soothes multiple signs of skin inflammation, including swelling, pimples, acne, insect bites, and even cuts and bruises to name a few
- Treats affected areas to keep the inflammation localized and well-contained
- Promote a healthier skin and improve overall appearance
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is formulated and manufactured by Dickinson Brands, the company that produces a broad range of skincare products that use witch hazel as its foundation. The new company is the product of a mega merger between Dickinson’s and T.N. Dickinson’s, both of which were originally established as early as the 1800’s. The company maintains its headquarters in East Hampton, Connecticut while its products are shipped and sold all over the world.
Working of Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
This product delivers pure witch hazel mixed with a low concentration of alcohol to provide your skin all of the benefits that you can derive from this natural-based solution for the relief of a wide variety of skin inflammations that can cause you pain, and irreversible skin damage if not immediately corrected.
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Ingredients
- Witch Hazel (100.0%): A naturally derived ingredient that has been traditionally used for the relief of skin inflammations, which includes insect bites, cuts, bruises, swelling, redness, irritation and rashes but which, in modern skin care also includes relieving skin from pimples, acne, swollen under eyes, and so many more beauty and skin concerns
- Natural Grain Alcohol (14.0%): Amps the power of witch hazel to deliver purifying functions to prevent infections as well as help relieve skin inflammation
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Pros
- This product is made with just two ingredients which makes it very simple to use and to incorporate into your skincare regimen.
- The anti-inflammatory effect of witch hazel has been established for many years which makes the manufacturer’s claims reliable and trustworthy.
- Dickinson’s Witch Hazel reviews are raving about how this product can be used in a countless number of ways, such as a toner mist, astringent, hand sanitizer, and essential oil concoctions for anti-aging.
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Cons
- The manufacturer fails to include any proof of product efficacy for treating any particular skin inflammation or, to establish the anti-aging properties of witch hazel
- This product is alcohol based and more than likely to cause you skin irritations, and probably worse when you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Some people may be reactive or allergic to witch hazel, a fact that can potentially worsen acne and breakouts.
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, minor side effects may be experienced, most of all product irritation as some people may be reactive or sensitive to witch hazel. The presence of alcohol in the solution can cause this product to permanently damage your skin with regular, long-term product use.
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel can be used in so many ways so use accordingly with the purpose that you have in mind. Following are some ways you can incorporate this product in your skincare regimen or, personal care:
- Use as an astringent. Soak a cotton and swipe upwards.
- Use as a tonic mist. Mix the product with a cosmetic grade concentrate of your favorite moisturizing essential oil.
- Use as an insect bite reliever. Pour some on your fingertips and apply directly on the swollen part of your skin.
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel reviews read:
- “Dries my skin out. Great for closing wounds though, but not what I purchased it for.” —R-Amazon for Amazon
- “Perfect for homemade personal hygiene products, especially face wipes. Does not irritate sensitive skin, does not leave any sticky residue. Has a slight smell, but not off-putting.” — noky64 on Amazon
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel is a completely uncomplicated product with countless potential uses. we doubt, however, that people with reactive and sensitive skin types, including acne prone skin, will be able to derive more benefits than bad skin using this product.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion: