Dior Totale Intensive Restorative Night Cream Review: Is It Good?
You may have been ready for the fountain of youth for a long time and yet, the beauty industry itself has yet to find that. The good news is that, for now, you may have to settle for an overnight deep treatment package for your skin. Dior Capture Totale Intensive Restorative Night Cream for Face and Neck, US $170 for 60 ml, promises to deliver just that for the benefit of your aging skin.
Primarily made with the Longoza Cellular Complex, Centoline, and Grape Seed, this product has been made to deliver the following same results gathered from a 28-day consumer perception study that involved 32 women between the ages 50 and 60:
- 26 per cent said that they experienced more radiant skin
- 17 per cent said that their skin became firmer
- 24 per cent claimed that their dark spots lightened by as much as 34 per cent
- Longoza Extract:Derived from a wild ginger plant endemic to Madagascar, it allegedly acts on 20 cellular-level causes of skin aging, and stimulates faster skin cell metabolism that allows for renewal, repairs and regeneration to happen faster
- Grape Seed:Contains powerful antioxidants that helps correct wrinkles and fights the signs of skin aging; also, helps restore your skin’s strong resilience against damage and developing signs of skin aging
- Centoline:Mentioned in product descriptions but, its role in this formulation has not been explained at all
Dior Capture Totale Intensive Restorative Night Cream for Face and Neck must only be applied on skin that has been freshly washed and toned. Apply product generously on your face, and also on your neck, chest and back of hands as desired. For best results, this product is recommended for use with Dior Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Serum.
As this product may contain potentially irritating substances, always take precaution by performing an overnight patch test. Always use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with at least an SPF 30 in the morning for the full duration of product use.
- Does not contain parabens, often used as preservatives in personal care products but which have been proven to be endocrine-disrupting
- Made with environmentally-sustainable manufacturing and distribution processes
- Contains overpowering scent
- Fragrance ingredients in the formulation can potentially cause severe skin irritations, which makes this product not ideal for any skin type but most especially not suitable for people with sensitive and problematic skin
- Very little information is available about the skin benefits of longoza extract and centoline; not even studies are available to support the anti-aging functions of these ingredients
- Dior fails to disclose the full product ingredient list, making it difficult to evaluate product efficacy in delivering on its claims
Dior Capture Totale Intensive Restorative Night Cream for Face and Neck, is said to be “a face cream that works to combat signs of aging and revitalize the look of skin”. Whether you should believe that or not is up to you as there are other products that help to brighten and even out the complexion.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Neck Creams formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Night Creams
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."