Dr Brandt Crease Release:
Dr Brandt Crease Release Overview
Dr Brandt Crease Release is yet another anti-wrinkle cream designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines, but claims to work instantly on existing wrinkles while slowing the onset of more, as an anti-aging product. It contains a mixture of patented amino acid complexes as well as a variety of botanical extracts.
The site’s layout is easy to navigate, and provides a typically catalog feel, with little pseudo-scientific info to “convince” you to buy the product, but unfortunately, little actual scientific info at all. This is quite disappointing considering the hard science impression the site gives (“doctor’s tips” on how to use the product etc). The blurb lists Crease Release as a “celebrity favorite” but does not provide any info on clinical trials, testimonials, visual evidence of results or precisely how soon any results (which are not specified) are to be expected.
Dr Brandt Crease Release – Does It Really Work?
The formula’s main active ingredient is GABA – gamma amino butyric acid, which has properties similar to Botox in that it inhibits movement of facial muscles. GABA dries when in place on the skin and then essentially grips the skin to hold it tightly in place, causing skin to look and feel firm and taut. The cream also contains some botanical extracts, including white and green teas and grape seed extracts which all have antioxidant properties. Other key ingredients are gynostemma, an anti-inflammatory agent, and moisturising sesame oil.
Neither a complete list of ingredients nor information on the properties of GABA or the botanical extracts are provided on the site. The product blurb states that the formula is newly improved and can be used in the morning or evening, but preferably in conjunction with a lineless eye cream. Since the cream has Botox-like muscle relaxant properties, the fact that the site states that the effects last 8-10 hours suggest that there is little to be gained with continuous use other than a quick fix.
Dr Brandt Crease Release Advantage:
- Instant, Botox-like effects. However there is no clinical evidence backing this claim.
- This product helps smooth out lines and wrinkles.
- This product is suitable for all skin types.
Dr Brandt Crease Release – Drawbacks
- This product is comparatively expensive.
- No info on clinical trials or visual evidence
- Mixed independent reviews online, mostly criticising the use of GABA
- There is no information available of the ingredients on the official website.
Dr Brandt Crease Release – The Bottomline
Dr Brandt’s Crease Release offers a cheaper alternative to surgery, but with the promised, instant effects of Botox. While the price is still high compared to other anti-aging creams and there is little visual evidence of the cream’s effects, the site’s money-back policy and wide availability in physical stores might be encouraging to those curious about this formula. Although there is no information of the ingredients present in the product, so we would recommend you to carry on the research for the product which best suits your skin type and suits your pocket.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.