Dr. Brandt Laser A-Peel Exfoliator Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is Dr. Brandt Laser A-Peel?
The facial peel being reviewed is Laser A-Peel, by Dr. Brandt. The product’s manufacturer claims that their product is a “3-step peeling system will enhance your complexion’s radiance, tighten pores and improve firmness and glow with QuSome, a patented delivery system that encapsulates potent ingredients and delivers them to the deeper layers of the skin”.
Laser A-Peel, is developed to be used by consumers with all skin types; oily, combination, normal and dry. The manufacturer suggests that the product be used once a week. Laser A-Peel is a three piece treatment that includes; Prepping Solution, Peeling Solution, and Soothing Gel. However there are many other well known brands in the market with similar effects and ingredients and they come in a affordable range.
Dr. Brandt Laser A-Peel–Does It Really Work?
The active ingredients in Dr. Brandt’s Laser A-Peel are lactic and glycolic acid. Lactic acid, is an alpha hydroxy acid used in rejuvenation products and is considered to be a gentle yet very effective anti-aging treatment. Lactic acid has rich history as a skin care treatment that literally spans centuries. Lactic acid is derived from milk, and although it is known for its hydrating properties, it is a gentle form of exfoliant. Lactic acid is known for its rich moisturizing attributes and its ability to exfoliate dead skin cells without causing skin irritation. Glycolic acid is a sugar derivative and can be found in various fruit and food.
Dr. Brandt’s Laser-A-Peel uses a low molecular weight glycolic that penetrates deeper in to the epidermis. Simply stated, “cellular cement” is the substance that attaches it’s self to the molecules forming unwanted skin conditions like acne, sun damage, and hyper pigmentation. Glycolic acid products should be used with caution as the acid can be erosive to skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Dr. Brandt Laser A-Peel?
- Lactic Acid: It is one of the most popular alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) in skin care today, marketed as a powerful ingredient that helps reduce acne breakouts and the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Glycolic Acid: One of the most effective exfoliators, this alpha hydroxy acid is gentle but has powerful effects. It may also cause burning sensation to sensitive skin.
Benefits Of Dr. Brandt Laser A-Peel
- Dr. Brandt’s Laser-A-Peel contains Lactic and Glycolic acid both commonly used ingredient in over the counter topical acne treatments. Although it may cause skin dryness.
- This product smooths the texture of the skin.
- This product is suitable for all skin types.
Disadvantages Of Dr. Brandt Laser A-Peel
- Dr. Brandt’s Laser-A-Peel is expensive.
- The use of glycolic acid can cause erosion to skin.
- Customer reviews state that the product does not stand up to its claims.
- This product may cause skin irritation.
Final Verdict: Dr. Brandt Laser A-Peel Exfoliator
It does contain properties known to effectively peel skin. The manufacturer’s inclusion of a money back guarantee is assuring. Although the product is expensive, and there are many brands in the market with better formula and results.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: