Dr. Dennis Eye Serum Review: Is This Eye Serum Really Effective?
Dr. Dennis Eye Serum is produced by Dr. Dennis Gross, a dermatologist with 25 years of experience in practice. It is designed to support the tissues of the skin around the eyes, presenting a healthier appearance in the process. The product is sold in bottles containing 15 mL (about 0.5 ounces) each, and retails for $68 when you order direct from the doctor’s website. The lowest price that we could find was $54.40 on Amazon.com; it is also available in traditional retail outlets, so you can shop around for a bargain.
A full list of the ingredients in this eye serum are available on the manufacturer’s website. The key ingredients that the manufacturers credit with the product’s performance are as follows:
- Ferulic acid: A plant-based compound intended to serve as an antioxidant and to help skin hydration
- Retinol: A derivative of Vitamin A intended to help reduce the appearance of dry or wrinkled skin
- Licorice root extract: A botanical extract intended to brighten skin and help reduce inflammation.
Gently tap a small amount of the product around each eye, including the eyelids, morning and night. For best results they recommend using several other products from the same manufacturer.
- No known side effects.
- Ethically created; no animal testing, and formula may be vegan.
- Includes retinol, a well-studied skin treatment ingredient
- No clinical evidence is cited regarding the effectiveness of this particular formula
- Price is definitely on the high end
Dr. Dennis Eye Serum comes from a reputable manufacturer who sells their product in many other retail channels, and has gotten good remarks from reviewers and customers. It is also cruelty-free and includes at least one clinically tested dermatological ingredient in retinol.
However, the price per unit is very high, and there is no clinical information provided about the exact formulation of this product. There are beauty products and eye supplements available for all budgets, and price doesn’t always mean quality: Be sure to shop around thoroughly before you commit to a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.