Best Drugstore Makeup Products to Solve Your Worst Acne Skin Problems
Acne can be the worst nightmare come true for women. That’s because acne is not easy to tame, even more so, to eliminate from the skin. What’s worse, people who have acne will likely have to deal with this pesky problem for the rest of their lives. That means more maintenance requirements and harder time picking out the right products suitable for acne-prone skin.
Expensive? Maybe but, not exactly, particularly if you know what you should be looking for.
Best drugstore products to help tame your acne
Here are the only 5 basic drugstore products to give your acne-prone skin an inexpensive beauty boost:
1. Acne Ointment or Cream that Contains Benzoyl Peroxide:
When you have skin that’s prone to acne, treating day and night, including after makeup is always a must. It’s almost funny how acne treatments can be ridiculously expensive and still unfairly ineffective. In fact, the fancier it gets, the more likely you’ll irritate your skin and clog your pores, when the only ingredient you really need to calm and soothe your skin is benzoyl peroxide — readily available from wash to ointments at your go-to drugstore.
2. Salicylic Acid containing Soap-free Cleansers: Another ultra helpful way to good bad bacteria in and bad bacteria out without being harsh to your skin nor clogging your pores is cleansing day and night with salicylic acid. This ingredient aids in correcting the unusual skin shedding that is common in acne-prone skin. As a result, your pores are kept clean and clear of dead skin cells and other impurities.
3. Sheer, lightweight and Fragrance-free Moisturizer:
Where people with oily and acne-prone skin are almost always wrong at first impression is in thinking that moisturizers should be skipped. Quite the opposite, the last thing you want to do when your skin always ends up greasy is to deprive it of moisture. Give it the sheer, lightweight, long lasting hydration that a water-based moisturizer can provide.
4. Mineral Sunscreen: Sunscreens have one of the most historically and most notoriously toxic ingredients. Good thing the mineral sunscreens made with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are swiftly taking over. These sunscreens are less toxic because they do not attempt to change the composition of UV to make it less harmful. Instead, they act as physical sun blockers that add an additional barrier of protection on your skin.
You May Also Like: 10 Things That You Don’t Know About Washing Your Face
5. Oil-free Foundation and Concealer:
Just as mineral sunscreens are your better sunscreen alternatives, the same is true for your makeup. Mineral makeup do not clog your pores, and even provide an extra grease absorbent power to keep your skin from oiling.
You don’t have to spend a dime on expensive skincare and makeup products to be able to wear them yet not aggravate your acne at the same time. See, the tricky fact about acne is that they leave you with marks you don’t really want to appear on your skin but your pores aren’t amenable to cover up and layering with too many products.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.