Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Sunscreen Review:How Effective It Is?
Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30, US $36 for 60 ml, provides you with a safer alternative, non-toxic broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. In addition, this product also commits to deliver the following skin health and beauty benefits:
- Add an additional layer of mineral sunscreen to block out UVA and UVB from penetrating your skin
- Boost your skin’s antioxidant levels to provide added protection from environmental aggressors while also neutralizing free radicals to prevent skin damage
- Promote strengthening of your skin’s surface layer to make it more resistant to damage
Drunk Elephant is a company founded in 2012 by a former skincare company executive, and is driven to provide safer and better skincare alternatives.
Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 Ingredients
- Zinc Oxide (20%): A mineral sunscreen active that provides physical, broad spectrum UVA and UVB sunblock protection all day long
- Sunflower Sprout Extract, Raspberry Seed Oil, and Virgin Marula Oil: Significantly boosts your skin’s antioxidant levels, adding another layer of protection from UV and neutralizes free radicals as it protects your skin cells from damaging oxidation
- Aloe Vera Leaf Extract: Has a calming and soothing effect on skin, effectively and instantly relieving skin from irritation, and with daily use, aids in restructuring the surface layer of your skin to improve resistance from environmental damage
- Grape Juice Extract: Protects with antioxidants while also rendering its anti-microbial properties to rid your skin of infection-causing bacteria and relieving irritation as well
Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 must be religiously applied on skin every morning, at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. Manufacturer recommends using a water-resistant sunscreen when swimming or if you expect to sweat heavily throughout the day.
Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 Advantages
- The product comes on smoothly on skin despite its relatively thick formulation but which, unfortunately, may feel really thick on oily or combination skin types.
- Product formula is rid of parabens, sulfates and phthalates.
- A Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Sunscreen SPF 30 review highlighted how this mineral sunscreen provides almost unnoticeable white streak characteristic of other physical sunscreens.
Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 Disadvantages
- This sunscreen is available only in a single tint that mostly fails to complement pale and fair skin shades.
- This product uses phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin that can cause adverse effects to brain and nerve function at toxic levels, as product preservative.
- A Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Sunscreen SPF 30 review echoes what several other reviewers have pointed out about how this product does not go well under makeup.
Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 generally provides safe and highly potent sun protection as the manufacturer has committed for this product to deliver. However, if you have an active lifestyle, this product may not provide sufficient protection. You should look for products formulated to be water-resistant and sweat-proof.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: