E.L.F. Studio Lip Primer & Plumper Review: Would You Recommend It?
Lips are skin — It’s a fact many people tend to either forget or completely neglect.
E.L.F. Studio Lip Primer & Plumper, US $3, promises to change the playing field when it comes to thicker, fuller, firmer lips, and commits to deliver the following beauty benefits:
- Lip plumping solution is presented as a two-in-one product: one tip that primes your lips, and another end that plumps it for bigger, fuller pout
- Provides plumping effect on lips that does not require injections or operations
- Product is an amped up lip treatment and beauty tool that you can use whenever you need a quick pick-me-up and that can be safely and easily reapplied to your lips as frequently as you can
E.L.F., which stands for “eyes, lips, face”, is a company committed to bringing the highest and most modern standards of beauty products to women at the most affordable price.
Key ingredients of lip primer
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate : Extracted from palm oil, this ingredient provides deep penetrating moisture and skin conditioning for your lips’ outer layer.
- Talc : Soothes dry skin
- Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 : Provides skin conditioning
- Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax : Enhances the long-lasting hydrating effect of emollients in the formula
Key ingredients lip plumper
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate: Same as above
- Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax: Same as above
Cleanse and exfoliate your lips before starting product application with the lip primer, spreading the product to cover your entire lip area using a lip brush when necessary. Follow through with application of the lip plumper which will normally give your lips a tingling sensation but, should not give a burning feel.
- Product offers an alternative to surgery and injection based lip plumping procedures that pose unnecessary high risks to both your healthy and physical appearance
- Provides deep conditioning and hydration
- Product smells and tastes great with a wonderful consistency that makes the product easy to carry around in your purse and reapply wherever you may be
- Formula is not designed to bring lip plumping effect that lasts for hours and is only available in one neutral shade
- Both the primer and plumper are hardly made of ingredients that will make your lips fuller and plumper, much so for results to last longer
- Manufacturer fails to provide a clear explanation as to how this product works to deliver on its claims, neither is there any study presented to backup product claims
- Consumers report getting irritated and swollen lips following a tingling and burning sensation after product application
It is generally hard to see how the E.L.F. Studio Lip Primer & Plumper can deliver for you fuller, plumper lips when all that is listed in its ingredients are lip moisturizing and surface conditioning products. When you need a more significant hydration boost, this product is good enough to provide it for US $3 but, when you want to see a lip plumping effect, you may have to expand your horizon.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Lip Plumpers formulations on the market in our opinion: