Elemis: Does Elemis Work?
Described as the spot for yuppie UK couples and ladies to grab a quick time-out during the day, London-born Elemis Spa Therapy, created in 1989, meets the salon and spa industry’s lack of comprehensive service focused on advanced total body skincare that incorporates innovative treatment.
Linda Steiner and world-renowned cosmetic formulator Jan Kusmirek sought to develop a retail brand that was as close to nature as possible without thought to the cost of the ingredients necessary. Within a few years, Elemis moved into the spa area and was quickly chosen as the main product for over 100 cruise line spas. Shortly after earning a regular television timeslot on QVC, Elemis launched the foundation of its brand in the discovery of Absolutes. The concoction, boasted as the “purest form of living energy that can be transferred from plant to skin, helped Elemis accomplish groundbreaking results in skin repair and maintenance. With the launch of new ingredients and the winning of various awards, the Elemis brand reached North America in 2003 without the assistance of a luxury liner.
With a sapphire blue backdrop and the mission, “Defined By Nature Led By Science” Elemis.com definitely exhibits its spa roots. The company pages give a detailed timeline along with information regarding the company’s philosophy and the science behind its products. The site seems very simple and elegant on the surface, but one click leads the visitor to an extensive hierarchy of information minus the testimonials and detailed clinical trial results.
Elemis – Product Description
The offerings Elemis provides are included in the Anti-aging, Daily Skin Health, Skin Solutions, Time for Men, Favourites, and Facial Spa-Therapies categories. The product line targets every area of the face for men and women while its spa line incorporates the needs of the body. Elemis Absolute Eye Serum is one of the products that target the eyes. Priced at $64, the innovative concentrated treatment uses Rosewood, Osmanthus, Comfrey, Lavender and Chamomile to reduce dark circles and wrinkles while preserving, lifting, and refining eye tissue.
Third party rating for this product fell to either extreme on the scale, but most agreed that the formula went far in hydrating the eye area. Those that didn’t rate it well felt the improvement of dark circles were nonexistent or not visible enough.
- The website went to great lengths to detail the company timeline and philosophy.
- Elemis offer a full skincare line for men and women at moderate prices.
- The company’s use of nature and science is highly desirable.
- Elemis products avoid animal testing, animal derived collagen, synthetics and other debatable ingredients such as mineral oil, alcohol and silicones.
Elemis – Drawbacks
- The website does not include testimonials, result photos or clinical research results.
- While highly moisturizing, whether the serum accomplishes all it claims is debatable.
- A full ingredient list is not provided.
- The product pages are relatively sparse and purchase requires navigation to a different link based on the physical origin of the purchaser.
Elemis – The Bottomline
The idea of combining science with nature to develop effective skincare products is not new. However, the Elemis brand’s reputation as demonstrated in its growing popularity in the US and abroad, its awards and its cruise line and QVC endorsements suggest its product is more than just a pretty bottle. While the site doesn’t include a full ingredient list, the side bar of the philosophy page details the key characteristics of its products while indicated what the products do not use. This leads to a brand that should be taken seriously.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.