Eliminate Bags Under Eyes with these Treatments
Bags under eyes, mild swelling or puffiness in the eye area become more common as you get older. This is because when you get older, the tissues in the eye are including muscles that support eyelids get weaker. The normal fat which helps in supporting the eyes can also move to the lower portion, causing puffiness or bags. Fluid can also accumulate which further adds to the swelling. The problem is cosmetic in nature and it is usually not a sign of a serious medical condition. Let’s take a closer look at its causes and what you can do to get rid of the problem.
Causes of Bags Under The Eyes
Again, the problem is primarily due to aging which causes the tissue structures and support muscles to weaken. The skin also starts to sag and other factors come into play. Here are the other causes of bags under the eyes.
- Fluid retention due to high salt diet, weather changes and hormonal fluctuations
- Sleep deprivation
- Heredity – having under eye bags can be inherited from your parents
The Best Treatments for Under Eye Bags
Eye bags usually don’t need treatment. There are simple home remedies that can reduce the problem but there are also more drastic treatment options for moderate to severe cases. Here are the best treatments for eliminating the bags under your eyes:
Anti-Aging Eye Creams
If you want an affordable and safe solution to under eye bags, you can utilize anti-aging eye creams. You just need to be careful in choosing a product. Thoroughly check the formulation of an eye cream before buying. Look for active ingredients that are proven to reduce eye bags such as Arnica Montana extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein and Eriobotrya Japonica Extract. There are also complete formulations that treat all aging signs in the eye area such as Eyevage from up-and-coming skin care company Solvaderm. It doesn’t just treat eye bags but eye puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles as well.
If the primary cause of the problem is related to an allergy, you can get a prescription from your doctor. Allergy medication will treat the problem quickly if it is caused by an allergy.
Treatments for wrinkles can also help reduce eye puffiness and under eye bags. Some of the most popular options are fillers and laser resurfacing which can improve the appearance of bags under the eyes dramatically.
Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) is the most effective and fastest option for removing severe eye bags. Excess fat, sagging skin and muscle in the area are removed through the outpatient procedure. However, it is expensive and there is a considerable amount of risk with the procedure.
You May Also Like: Harmful ingredients in Most Anti Aging Eye Creams
Under eye bags are among the most problematic skin aging signs that can appear even when you are still in your 20s. Fortunately, there are many treatment options available such as the use of anti-aging eye creams. Choosing one depends on the severity of your problem, your budget and how fast you want results.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.