Eliminate Dark Circles – Working from the Inside Out to Eliminate Them
To eliminate dark circles under your eyes, you need to start with an understanding of what causes them in the first place. All over your body, tiny blood vessels, called capillaries, bridge the gap between the arteries and the veins. As the blood flows from the arteries, the tissues gradually pull the oxygen and other nutrients out. The capillaries then deliver the depleted blood cells to the veins for redelivery to the lungs and heart. During passage through these tiny capillaries, some blood cells escape. They sit under surface of the skin and give off a bluish tint. The skin under the eye is very thin and they show through very well. To eliminate dark circles, you need to diminish the look of those stray blood cells.
One of the practical ways to eliminate dark circles is not to rub under the eye. That area is thin anyway. When you rub that area, you can do damage to the capillaries. That causes even more of those stray cells to come out to play. It is the same concept that causes bruising and black eyes. To eliminate dark circles, you need to keep any damage in this area to a minimum. That means using gentle cleansers and never rubbing or tugging at the tissue around the eye. In order to eliminate dark circles, you need to stop doing damage here.
In order to eliminate dark circles, you also need to make sure the skin is healthy and as thick as possible. The skin under the eye is already the thinnest on the human body. When you add aging to the mix, it gets thinner. Aging causes the skin to become less elastic. It also begins to thin as well. You help to eliminate dark circles by using creams that help stimulate collagen in this area. You also need to keep hydrated properly as that helps with skin thickness as well. These are a couple of practical ways to eliminate dark circles.
You cannot eliminate dark circles caused by genetics. But you can take measures to minimize them. Minimizing the look can do the trick to eliminate dark circles. With a bit of concealer and makeup they magically go away. If you do not take sensible measures to minimize them though, you will lose the battle to eliminate dark circles. You have to work from the inside out to get the best results.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.