If you are on the trail of options for eliminating dark circles under your eyes, go the natural path first. You may not have thought of some of these unusual treatments on your own. Vitamin C and iron help in eliminating dark circles. Eating foods rich in one or both of these vital nutrients can help get the healing process started from the inside. That means eating citrus foods, peppers, and other fruits and vegetables with Vitamin C. Foods rich in iron include red meat, egg yolks, spinach, dried fruit, beans, chickpeas, and artichokes. You can come up with multiple dishes that combine the two. That is a good start to eliminating dark circles.
Believe it or not, the spice turmeric is an ingredient you need to take advantage of for eliminating dark circles. You can use it in combination with pineapple juice to make a paste. The turmeric helps lighten the skin and helps the skin begin making repairs at the same time. The pineapple juice is another skin lightener. This helps with eliminating dark circles. You can also combine turmeric with tomato juice or lemon juice for a similar affect. Those juices are natural skin lighteners as well as bringing other nutrients to the party at the same time. This is another method for eliminating dark circles.
Cucumbers are a popular choice for eliminating dark circles. But, you can take it one-step further. Many people chill cucumber slices to take advantage of the way cold helps reduce inflammation. You can go the next step by shredding and juicing cucumbers and freezing the results. The cucumber ice cubes bring ice and the essence of the cucumber directly to the area that needs it. It is a good choice for eliminating dark circles. Just sit back and put a couple of ice cubes in place. As they melt, the effects will be surprising for eliminating dark circles.
Almonds and milk are another common method for eliminating dark circles. Take a few almonds and pulverize them. Mix them in with a small amount of milk to form a paste. That is what sits on the skin for a few minutes. The ingredients help soothe the skin and reduce the color of the circles. This is an effective way for eliminating dark circles. All of these treatments give you options that will not cause damage to your skin or potentially hurt your eyesight. These are good ways to begin eliminating dark circles.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."