Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream?
Created by Elizabeth Arden herself in 1930, the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, which today costs US $22 for 1.7 oz., was innovative in many areas pertaining to modern skincare. It continues to enjoy a market leader status and is still trusted by many around the world. However, most of the formulas from this brand are unproven and there are reports that many of them are actually ineffective.
This product keeps skin moisturized for at least 8 hours, ideal for use during the day and at night. Other than serving as a facial moisturizer, the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is also reputed for its multi-tasking abilities. It has been used to relieve chapped lips, blisters, sunburn, add shine to skin including on the legs, keep skin hydrated during high pressure flights and even helps keep the eyebrows in place.
Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream – Does It Really Work?
As per manufacturer claims, this product keeps skin moisturized for at least 8 hours, ideal for use during the day and at night. Other than serving as a facial moisturizer, the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is also reputed for its multi-tasking abilities. It has been used to relieve chapped lips, blisters, sunburn, add shine to skin including on the legs, keep skin hydrated during high pressure flights and even helps keep the eyebrows in place.
What Are The Ingredients In Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream?
Key active ingredients are:
- Petrolatum (56.8%): known to work on keeping skin well moisturized in two ways. First, petrolatum deeply moisturizes skin and gives it an instant moisture boost. Second, it seals the skin to keep the moisture in while also protecting the skin from environmental factors to give the skin more time to heal and rejuvenate itself.
- Salicylic acid: now a widely embraced ingredient in cosmetics and personal care products, this ingredient slows down the skin’s hyperactive shedding to allow the normal skin cell turnover rate to cope with the necessary sloughing off of top skin and resurfacing of new skin.
- Tocopherol: also, Vitamin E, deeply nourishes skin for long periods, as it also protects skin cells from the cell damaging effects of free radicals
How To Apply Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Apply day and night, and throughout the day as needed.
- This product is made for external use only.
- Do not apply on raptured skin.
- If irritations or inflammation due to product use are observed, immediately discontinue use.
Benefits Of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
- Petroleum is one of the best skin moisturizers that many people have at home as a staple for dry skin, including burns and inflammation.
- Contains lanolin and Vitamin E which soothes and hydrates skin.
- Product is formulated with a lean and mean lineup of beneficial ingredients which makes it less likely to cause severe skin irritations from synthetic ingredients however, Salicylic acid may cause skin dryness.
Disadvantages Of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
- Contains BHT, a suspected endocrine disrupting chemical.
- Contains parabens as preservatives, which have been found to get in the way of many body processes regulated by estrogen.
- Petrolatum is the main ingredient, which makes this product not suitable for people with oily, hyper sensitive and acne-prone skin types.
- Petrolatum can be easily contaminated with carcinogenic chemicals during manufacturing.
- Mineral oil may also clog pores and start a skin infection or an acne breakout.
- Misses sunscreen for daytime use.
Final Verdict: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
Out of the tens of thousands of products we need to choose from, finally, a multi-tasking product like the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream reintroduces itself and sort of reminds us to streamline our beauty routine. However it has potential harmful ingredients which may not be suitable for sensitive skin type. Does this 1930s baby still tickle your fancy? You have to get to know your skin better to be able to evaluate.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Moisturizers Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."