EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer?
EltaMD AM Therapy Moisturizer, USD 32.50 for 1.7 fl oz pump bottle, claims to be a long-lasting daily moisturizer that can keep the skin moisturized all day. Although it may not be suitable for all skin types.
For over 25 years, EltaMD Skin care is a Swiss-American Skincare Company has been delivering and formulating sunscreens and other skincare products that are being recommended and used by health and skin care professionals all over the world. The company is dedicated to delivering the best products that their patrons can use.
EltaMD AM Therapy Moisturizer – Does It Really Work?
As per their claims, the EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer can:
- Boost the moisture retention and absorption capabilities of the skin.
- Promotes faster skin cell turnover for smoother and younger looking skin.
- Keep skin moisturized all throughout the day.
- Brighten the complexion and even out skin tone.
Continue reading because there are lot more things that you should know!
What Are The Ingredients In EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer?
Some of the EltaMD AM Therapy Moisturizer ingredients are as follows:
- Niacinamide: This is vitamin B3 and is known for its ability to restore the health and beauty of the skin. It has been proven to minimize the size of pores, even out the skin tone and diminish the look of wrinkles and fine lines as well as improve the look of dull skin.
- Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract: This extract contains salicylic acid that is considered to be a natural exfoliant. It can help slough dead skin cells from the surface and unclog the pores. It also facilitates the formation of new skin cells.
- Allantoin: This softens and protects the skin while actively soothing any inflammation or irritation. It also encourages cell regeneration to keep skin healthy and beautiful. Lastly, it helps to stimulate not just the growth but healing of the skin as well.
- Dimethicone: This ingredient works as an anti-foaming agent. However can actually increase skin irritation.
How To Apply EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
- For best results, apply the EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer to cleansed skin.
- Make sure to apply the moisturizer while the skin is still a bit moist.
- Use this only in the morning.
Benefits Of EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
- The formulation is oil-free.
- It is also lightweight, and easily absorbed by the skin. Although customers reviews tells a different story.
- It delivers long-lasting hydration to the skin.
Disadvantages Of EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
- The moisturizer contains phenoxyethanol.
- The formulation needs more antioxidants aside from vitamin C and niacinamide.
- The moisturizer does not have sun protection.
- This product may cause breakouts to sensitive skin.
Does EltaMD AM Therapy Moisturizer Have Any Side-Effects?
Based on the alcohol content of the product, one of the EltaMD AM Therapy Moisturizer side-effects that you may experience is skin dryness.
Final Verdict: EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer
The EltaMD AM Therapy Moisturizer contains niacinamide and vitamin C that can protect skin from dehydration and environmental stressors. However, considering that this is a day moisturizer, it lacks the sun protection that the skin needs during the day.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: