EltaMD Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen Review: Is it Really Effective?
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen Introduction
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen, US $32.50 for 1.7 oz., is a sunscreen that best complements skin that is chronically inflamed and beset with special conditions like rosacea and acne.
What Does EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen Claim
This product is designed to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Provide a high level of broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen which protects your skin daily from damage and signs of aging
- Soothe and calm sensitive and chronically irritated skin, including people who have special skin conditions such as rosacea, pigment disorders, and acne
- Amp up UV protection with antioxidants which are also capable of shielding your skin from infrared radiation, as well as help in neutralizing free radicals
- Available in a tinted and untinted formula that makes it a moisturizer, sunscreen and foundation rolled into one.
- Refine your pores and smoothen out your overall skin tone
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen Manufacturer’s Detail
This product is formulated and distributed by Elta MD Skin Care, a company based in the USA. Elta MD has products catering to niche markets that include sunscreen, wound healing, and other skin care products. The company has been operational for more than 25 years, and ever since has invested heavily on R&D.
Working of EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen
This product combines the sun protection functions of 2 sunscreen actives to protect you from UVA and UVB. The formula is also infused with antioxidants to amp up your skin protection, and anti-inflammatories to help relieve irritations.
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen Ingredients
- Zinc Oxide (9%): Mineral sunscreen active
- Octinoxate (7.5%): Chemical sunscreen
- Niacinamide: Also Vitamin B3, helps restore your skin’s moisture, revitalizes your skin cells, and provides antioxidant protection
- Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate: A multi-tasking synthetic conditioning ingredient that keeps your skin comfortably coated in long-lasting moisture as it simultaneously boosts the UV protection functions of the sunscreen ingredients in this formula
- Hyaluronic Acid: Restores moisture to your skin
- Lactic Acid: Clears, purifies and smoothens out your skin’s surface texture
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen Pros
- This product is formulated without oils which means it won’t make your skin surface greasy, nor will it clog your pores.
- This product has been specifically formulated to provide non-irritating sunscreen protection for people with sensitive and acne-challenged skin.
- Its lightweight formula leaves a silky feeling to the skin, and goes well under makeup.
- The packaging comes with an airless pump that helps preserve the product’s potency, making sure it gets to you at its optimal level of efficacy to deliver product claims.
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen Cons
- This product is significantly more expensive compared to similar products from most of its brand counterparts.
- Severa EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen reviews indicate that this product may
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including the active sunscreen ingredients in this product, and butylene glycol
- Increased risk for diseases and dysfunctions related to your reproductive system Octinoxate
- Increased risk for cancer due to PEGs
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
Apply EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen liberally, to your face, neck and chest.
EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 Sunscreen is a sunscreen, antioxidant and moisturizer that has been formulated to deliver gorgeous results to problematic skin. However, the steep price can be the most considerable hurdle, other than the formula not being suitable for all types of skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: