Eye Bag – Understanding the Issue
As we age, there are many different issues that are likely to present themselves. Some are signs of serious issues while others are little more than cosmetic in nature. An eye bag falls into the latter category and while it isn’t usually a health concern, it is a concern among those wanting to look their best. Understanding more about what an eye bag is, what causes it, and how to eliminate it is important for those concerned about their appearance. And in a time when appearances mean so much to so many people, learning more about an eye bag is a very common endeavor that is well worth doing.
Essentially, an eye bag forms when the muscles and tissue around the eye begin to weaken. This can be caused by hereditary factors, lifestyle factors, or simply through the effects of aging. There are obviously other aspects of what causes an eye bag to form, and a reduced blood flow in the vessels around the eye is a major factor as well. Additionally, the fat or fluid around the eye could collect and settle. This forms the tell-tale eye bag that most are familiar with. In most cases an eye bag is an area above or below the eye that is puffy, swollen, and darker than the rest of the skin.
Along with aging and genetics, many different issues can lead to the formation of an eye bag. One of the biggest is the use of tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine. Additionally, vitamin deficiencies caused by poor dietary choices can lead to an eye bag since the needed vitamins and minerals aren’t present in the eye and cause it to break down and deteriorate over time, leading to the eye bag. Even something as simple as insufficient rest or high levels of stress can cause eye bags to form with more frequency and greater severity.
There are plenty of ways to combat an existing eye bag and to prevent future ones. Lifestyle changes are a good idea to begin with, but the use of natural supplements and all-natural creams to help rejuvenate the skin, replace the missing vitamins, and reduce swelling are all popular solutions and can be very effective at eliminating an eye bag when it forms. There are plenty of home remedies as well, and combining good natural creams with home remedies and lifestyle changes should be enough to combat and control your eye bag problems.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.