Eye Cream Vs. Eye Serum: What Is The Difference?
2 Effective Eye Wrinkle Removers: Eye Cream and Eye Serum
There are two choices if you are searching for an effective anti-aging eye treatment: whether you go for eye creams or for eye serum. Try to type it on your search engine and it will provide you long lists of products belonging to these two categories. But what is the difference between the two? Which is more effective?
The answers to these questions are not that certain. However, this article will try to compare the two as objectively as possible. Then at the end, you will be the judge regarding their differences and efficiencies.
Difference between the Two
Many say that the two have no major differences. They say eye serum is just the advanced version of the eye cream. The truth between their distinctions is not entirely defined. You cannot totally tell their dissimilarity. Some say, the different names are just there for marketing purposes. The truth is that both are used as anti-aging eye treatment. Maybe their differences lie on their ingredients and make-ups.
For example, eye cream is composed of liquid-like element like that of a skin lotion, while, eye serum has many forms—sometimes, you can buy an eye serum in syringe-like container. Now, when it comes to their ingredients, you will also find some differences. Because there are thousands of eye cream and serum products, here are some common elements of the two:
Eye Cream – The common ingredients among eye cream products are:
- Eyeliss – It diminishes the dark circles beneath the eyes. It also strengthens the veins and capillaries. At the same time, it also augments the firmness and the elasticity of the skin, while preventing it from swelling.
- Matrixyl – This ingredient naturally kindles the production of elastin and collagen in the body. It also diminishes the wrinkles, giving the skin its lifting effect.
- Haloxyl – This element removes the pigments originated from blood which are responsible for the discoloration around the eyes.
- Chamomile Extract – This natural ingredient gives protection and it calms and soothes the skin.
- Vitamin K – This vitamin is known to heal varicose veins, dark circles, discoloration of the skin, age spots, scarring and skin damages brought by the sun.
- Vitamin E – It contains potent properties which are needed to fight aging. It helps in the reduction of wrinkles and lines. It also protects the skin from radical damage and from UV.
Eye Serum – The common elements you will find in an eye serum are the following:
Hyaluronic Acid – This is one of the most efficient substances in an eye serum because it has the capability to soak up moisture from the air. When the serum soaks up moisture, it slightly fattens the skin which fills the wrinkles and the lines so that these will not be noticed.
Retinol – This is a vitamin A derivative. Its primary work is to stimulate the production of collagen and it also speeds up the cell turnover of the skin. With these actions, the appearance of lines is being reduced.
Neuropeptides – These are proteins which can encourage the production of collagen in the skin, thus filling up the sagging skin.
These two may differ in formulations and looks but both are powerful anti-aging eye treatment which can make sustain your beautiful face even if you pass your younger years.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.