Eyecon Benefit Overview
With an industry presence that falls somewhere between Norman Rockwell and Willy Wonka, it’s no surprise that the history of Benefit Cosmetics would begin with a vivid story retelling the origin of the Ford twins and their whimsical disposition. Born in Indiana, USA, “Jean wore spaghetti in her hair” and painted her face with the bums of fireflies, while Jane bit Raisinettes in half for trade with cousins in exchange for full-sized M&Ms. That story is definitely a prelude to a long illustrious career for the twins in the make-up business.
Benefit Cosmetics, located in San Francisco, was established in 1976 as a boutique imbibing the fanciful and visually brilliant atmosphere of old-time candy stores. Despite its child-like image, Benefit Cosmetics grew to acquire the reputation for solving the routine beauty annoyances suffered by women the world over. For example, in 1977 when an exotic dancer complained of faint nipples, the company created what would become a remarkable rose-tinted lip & cheek stain. Gaining a cult-like following among celebrities, makeup artists and women worldwide, Benetint has endured for over 30 years.
The Benefit Cosmetics.com website is true to the company’s brand and image in varying pink hues and candy references. Still solving the world’s beauty issues, the website provides easy links to new products, top sellers, makeup and skin and body care plus beauty tutorials. With a site designed for Internet consumption, the fact that Benefit has more beauty boutiques overseas than in North America doesn’t hurt its popularity or its business growth.
Eyecon Benefit – Product Description
The Benefit product line hints at its naughty roots through glamorous yet flirtatious product names such as Thrrob face powder and “touch me then try to leave” body cream. The cartoon packaging, the ’50s pinup glamour goddesses, and enticing colors maintain the fun side of cosmetics instead of the cosmeceutical craze that is permeating the industry. The entire product line is reasonably priced from $5 for makeup accessories up to $48 for fragrances with their skin and makeup products falling somewhere in the middle.
Representing Benefit’s willingness to dabble in youth restoration outside of makeup’s camouflage is Eyecon Benefit, their fading eye cream. Eyecon is Benefit’s economical dark circle fader. Priced at $30 for a half ounce jar, Eyecon fades dark circles leaving eyes brighter while softening the appearance of fine lines. Unfortunately, the only reference to ingredients on the product pages includes the use of apple and orange extracts. Third party reviews running mostly less than perfect suggest Eyecon is not for those sporting serious dark circles.
Eyecon Benefit Advantage
- Eyecon fade cream is reasonably priced.
- The product appears especially effective for those suffering from dark circles due to superficial culprits.
- Benefit Cosmetics has earned plenty of media awards.
- Benefit Eyecon has over 30 years of industry experience to support it.
Eyecon Benefit – Drawbacks
- The Benefit website doesn’t provide clinical trial information or result photos.
- Benefit appears to be a cosmetic company dabbling in anti-aging skincare.
- The website fails to provide a full ingredient list.
Eyecon Benefit – The Bottomline
While the Benefit brand is fun and lively which fits perfectly for quirky cosmetics, it doesn’t immediately translate to effective anti-aging skincare. Being in the business of disguising the signs of aging and enhancing one’s natural beauty assets, there’s no insightful foundation for the scattered skincare products. While skincare is a natural transition from makeup offerings, Benefit proves the undertaking isn’t easy or as flawless as the faces they try to tint. The Benefit skincare line is best suited for those looking to enhance beauty by masking imperfections.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."