Eyepothesis: Does Eyepothesis Work?
The Eyepothesis eye care system consists of two products designed to rejuvenate the eyes within 20 minutes.
The Eyepothesis website is quite impressive, very easy to navigate and provides a good amount of information for the prospective consumer. The design of the site is clinical looking and all the headings for various sections are clearly labelled. The manufacturers of Eyepothesis provide the usual sections seen on similar sites, such as testimonials and FAQ’s. The testimonials are very anonymous and are not accompanied by before and after pictures unfortunately.
Eyepothesis is called a ‘youth rejuvenation system’ and according to the website contains a ‘supernutrient cocktail’. Whilst all the ingredients are listed, none of the amounts are shown and there is no clinical trial provided as evidence of successful results.
Eyepothesis – Product Description
The Eyepothesis products are supposed to be used together to achieve optimal results. The ‘Instant Lift Eye Patch’ is a self adhesive patch that is applied just below the eye. It can be worn for as little as 20 minutes, for a quick lift, or can be left in place overnight. This should be followed by the ‘Extended Rejuvenating Eye Crème’, a product to be applied daily.
Both products combine a number of vitamins (E, B5, C and B3), antioxidants such as green tea, flax seed, jojoba and sweet almond oils which provide Omega oils and fatty acids, Longevicell, a wrinkle reducer and Haloxyl, a patented substance that helps fight dark circles under the eye.
Eyepothesis is offered for a free 7-day trial which, if not cancelled, is followed by enrolement into the Eyepothesis membership club i.e. an auto-shipping program, whereby the product is sent to the consumer every thirty days at a cost of $78.41.
Eyepothesis – Advantage
- The Eyepothesis system addresses a number of eye skin care conditions
- The Instant Lift Eye Patch contains patented ingredients
- The Eyepothesis website is attractive and user-friendly
- The website provides customer testimonials
- The product is designed to work within 20 minutes
- Eyepothesis contains free-radical fighting anti-oxidants
Eyepothesis – Drawbacks
- There have been consumer complaints filed against the company regarding billing practises
- No ingredient amounts are shown
- No clinical trials are provided
- It is unlikely that any product can provide an ‘instant’ eye lift
- The product is expensive
- The consumer ordering the free trial is enrolled into the auto-shipping program
- The free trial is only for one week, not adequate time to judge the product
Eyepothesis – The Bottomline
There is no doubt that Eyepothesis does contain many good, beneficial ingredients, although without knowing the exact amounts, it is hard to say how potent the blend would be. The idea of wearing patches under the eyes is novel, although may not be convenient and may even cause some skin irritation.
It is unfortunate that the company has had complaints against them, the most common being that the auto-shipping program is hard to cancel, and credit cards were billed without the consumer receiving the product. It is for this reason, plus the high cost of the product, that Eyepothesis cannot be recommended.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."