Eyesential: Does Eyesential Work?
Eyesential is a product whose tag line is “the beauty secret of the stars.” To that end, a list of actors and other well-known performers is given to support the claim that the product was developed for the Hollywood film industry. As far as the company’s web site appears, Eyesential does not make products other than its Under Eye Enhancer. The product’s claim is that it provides a lift to and eliminates wrinkles around the eyes.
Eyesential – Product Description
Eyesential claims to give its users a “quick fix” within minutes and last up to ten hours. Because of the amazing results, Eyesential has supposedly been a sort of “trade secret” of professional makeup artists.
I would love to list the product’s ingredients, but on the company’s web site, not a single ingredient is listed. When researching the methods of how the product works, the most information that could be found by the company that makes the product or by any independent evaluator is that it smoothes bags, lines and wrinkles. Unfortunately, this descriptor still does not explain how this is accomplished.
Interesting enough, the company’s web site provides a list of valid tips for improving the appearance of one’s eyes. None of the tips seem related to the product or involve the purchase of anything much more expensive than fruit. In fact, most of the recommendations are natural suggestions such as sleeping enough, wearing sunglasses and exercising regularly.
- The product has supposedly been around for thirty years.
- The company claims that the product is used by well-known celebrities known for their attractive appearance.
- Before and after photos show clear results.
Eyesential – Drawbacks
- The amateurish web site could lead customers to think the company selling the product is likewise unprofessional and the product of substandard quality.
- There is no ingredient listing.
- Dramatic language replaces scientific data on the hows and whys of the product’s features.
- For the purchase price of 39.95 pounds, buyers are not informed of the amount of product this provides (example: 1.5 ounce bottle).
- The link to purchase online failed, so buyers are left with the options of calling or faxing their order in to England.
Eyesential – The Bottom line
Eyesential general claims of reducing wrinkles without any attempt to provide data on how the product works does not inspire consumer confidence. These days, beauty product shoppers expect lists of ingredients (if not some evidence of clinical trials) before spending money on a product whose claims are no different from hundreds of other products’. If Hollywood actors’ names and photos are used to support a product, it would be nice to read a testimonial from one of the actors themselves. Buyers are better off trying some of the “Eye Care Tips” for safe, possibly more effective, and less expensive way to improve the appearance of their eyes.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."