Eyetopia: Does Eyetopia Work?
Eyetopia is a product designed to specifically target darkness under the eyes. The official Eyetopia website is a very basic one page information sheet with no extra sections or links.
The website shows that Eyetopia was developed by Dr. Cynthia Boxrud, a seemingly reputable plastic surgeon who specializes in eyelid surgery and dark circles. The actual cream was researched for over ten years by Boxrud and claims to be clinically tested and successful, although no proof is actually shown here.
The few details on the site explain the reasons as to why one may experience darkness under the eyes which contrary to popular belief, are not always caused by tiredness or lack of sleep. Rather, it is generally hereditary, or may be due to allergies or thin skin.
The site does not feature any consumer testimonials not is there a FAQ section. It is stated that the cream has been seen in a number of major magazines including Elle, More, O magazine and Prevention, but again, there is no proof of this or links to the articles.
Eyetopia – Product Description
Eyetopia is a patented formula that improves discolouring under the eyes by strengthening the capillaries and reducing darkness to achieve long term improvements. It is unfortunate that the company chooses not to show an ingredient list, particularly for those experiencing allergies or sensitive skin. The product is not said to be hypo-allergenic, although it is safe for use by contact lens wearers.
There is no information given as to how often the cream should be applied, whether it can be worn under make-up or used under a regular eye cream.
- Eyetopia is a PH balanced, patented formula
- The product is claimed to be clinically tested
- Dr. Cynthia Boxrud has a good reputation in the industry
- Eyetopia is available for a free trial
- The cream is designed to result in long-term improvements
Eyetopia – Drawbacks
- The Eyetopia website is not informative
- No ingredients are shown for the product
- The consumer is enrolled for auto-shipment when ordering the free trial
- The cream is expensive at a cost of $90.00 for a 60 day supply
- No customer testimonials are shown
- There is no FAQ section
- There are no links to the magazine articles that featured Eyetopia
- There are no independent consumer reviews available on the internet
Eyetopia – The Bottom Line
It does seem that Dr. Boxrud may have indeed produced a good treatment – it is just unfortunate that the consumer is not given any information. Consumers can view another website featuring Dr. Boxrud’s eye care range, where they can also purchase the Eyetopia cream at less cost than on the official Eyetopia site.
Anyone interested in this product would certainly be advised to try and glean some more information about the ingredients by contacting the company directly. They should be aware though that, if taking advantage of the free offer, they will begin to be sent Eyetopia every two months, and billed the full price if they don’t cancel the order promptly.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.