Garnier Nutritioniste Overview
Garnier Nutritioniste Regenerating Eye Cream is a daily-use cream that targets under-eye dark circles and puffiness. The product’s page addresses the fact that there is already a wealth of options in the marketplace for this type of cream by stating that their cream is different, as it contains Vitamin C, Magnesium and Lycopene. The cream is part of a “daily regenerating regime” that also includes an all-over facial moisturiser, an overnight cream and a regenerating serum.
Compared to L’Oreal’s Eye Defense page, Garnier Nutritioniste information is varied and well laid-out, providing basic information on its principal ingredients and an informative, animated video narrated by a dermatologist and illustrating the basic properties of the cream. There are no testimonials listed, and no information on clinical trials, which is disappointing given Garnier’s reputation as being more scientifically-minded than its competitors.
The site does promise instant skin brightening and “energising” within minutes of using the cream, with noticeable reduction of fine lines and wrinkles within 3 weeks and dark circles after “continued use”, which is vague considering the latter is one of the cream’s two main purposes. The site offers a product advisor, and like other large companies, can be contacted easily.
Garnier Nutritioniste – Product Description
The cream’s three active ingredients are Vitamin C, which tones the skin by promoting surface skin cell regeneration; Magnesium, which energises and moisturizes the skin, and Lycopene, an antioxidant that protects the skin against environmental damage. Aside from this however, no other ingredients are listed, including which ingredient, if any, actually combats the under-eye circles.
The site’s blurb does state, as company standard, that the cream is dermatologically and opthalmologically tested, which is good news for those with sensitive eyes or contact lens wearers. The cream is also 100% oil-free (non-greasy), allergy-tested and can even be used on sensitive skin.
The product cannot be bought from Garnier’s website, but the site lists 6 drugstores which sell it in 1.7oz tubes, including CVS.com and Walgreens.com, who both retail it at $12.99. With this in mind, the company offers neither a free trial nor a money-back guarantee, so this is left up to the vendors themselves.
Garnier Nutritioniste Advantage
- Trusted brand
- Relatively low price
- Protects and moisturises
- Positive online reviews
Garnier Nutritioniste – Drawbacks
- No information on clinical trials
- No comprehensive list of ingredients or hard scientific facts
Garnier Nutritioniste – The Bottomline
Garnier Nutritioniste does provide a small amount of information regarding the effectiveness of the cream, but having established a reputation as a scientific/laboratory-centred company, more scientific facts on even just the active ingredients or a projection of expected results should have been used as a deciding factor rather than just relying on brand loyalty/recognition. Given that the cream is supposed to target dark circles, the promise of “even dark circles” diminishing with “continued use” is too vague. While there have been mostly positive online reviews, there is no manufacturer’s guarantee that the product will work, but $12.99 for a 1.7oz tube is a price that may divide potential customers on whether or not to give it a try.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."