Get Rid Of Dark Circles – 5 Tips To Change The Appearance Of Your Eyes
“I want to be the person who feels great in her body and can say that she loves it and doesn’t want to change anything,” Emma Watson once said. On a more practical scale, however, we do have body issues, some can be left on their own while others need to be managed better. Under eye circles and eye bags will never make anybody proud but, anybody who has them can implement simple changes in their routines and lifestyles that will make their eye skin problems better.
Here are top tips and tricks to improve how to make your eyes appear healthier, brighter and more youthful:
Sloughing off unhealthy skin is the top solution to allow younger, less damaged skin to rise to the surface. Regular exfoliation should keep your skin smoother and softer. Use chemical exfoliants at home but make sure to strictly adhere to instructions, and take care not to get the product into your eyes. You may also opt for a dermal brush. Or, get professional exfoliation done on you.
2. Cleanse And Tone
Twice daily, you should follow this routine. Getting impurities off of your skin is a must for treatment to become effective. Moreover, toning will also help lock in moisture by tightening your pores at the same time.
When it comes to your eye area, no ordinary moisturizer will ever be enough to correct hollow looking eyes and the dark skin around it. What you need is an eye product, like Eyevage from Solvaderm, specially formulated to treat your problematic eye skin conditions. The best products will do three basic things to your skin: deep moisturize, brighten skin complexion, and protect your skin.
4. Get Yourself Checked
If you’ve made changes to your skincare routine and lifestyle but continue to see dark circles and eye bags around your eyes, consider going in for a medical checkup. Too many medical conditions sign up eye bags and dark circles as signs and symptoms. You want to rule out more serious health issues like liver-related diseases, dehydration and thyroid problems.
5. Keep Your Eyes Healthy
Eye health also affects the skin around it. Never allow your eyes to dry out. If you regularly use contact lenses, consider alternating with a pair of eyeglasses. You should also moisturize your eyes constantly throughout the day whenever you feel like your eyes are tiring out. Give your eyes enough rest and sleep. Refrain from staring continuously on your computer or gadget screens for more than two hours straight. Stand up or look away every once in a while.
Your eyes are more than “windows to your soul,” these also reflect on your health and even happiness. Skincare products made specially for skin around your eyes can only do so much to improve how your eyes appear. Implementing lifestyle changes should help you give your regimen a 1-2-3 punch too.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.