Get Rid of Dark Eye Circles – Become Young and Springing Looking
Why do you want to get rid of dark eye circles? For most people the answer to that question is obvious. The circles make them look old and tired. And since they can hit people of any age, being a young person with those circles is even worse. Other people want to get rid of dark eye circles because it reminds them of how their parents aged. While most of our parents are a joy in our lives, aging as they have can be a stark reminder of what is coming in the future. No matter why you want to get rid of dark eye circles, you need to pinpoint the cause to make a difference.
What causes those dark circles in the first place? Unfortunately, the biggest answer is genetics. Most people that have them come from families that get them easier than other people. To get rid of dark eye circles, you need to get around the genetic component. Those dark circles come from escaped blood cells that pool under the skin. Since the area under the eye is so thin, they show through. To get rid of dark eye circles, you need to diminish the appearance of those blood cells under the skin. But there are other things to consider when you want to get rid of dark eye circles.
Are your circles from allergies or some other medical issue? Many people have itchy or runny eyes from allergies. In some people, it causes those dark circles to appear. To get rid of dark eye circles in that case, you need to get the allergies under control. Other medical conditions such as a cold or the flu can lead to those circles as well. In that case, it is a matter of time and patients to get rid of dark eye circles. There are lifestyle choices that you make that also attract dark circles. If you smoke or drink excessively, you will see those circles shine like fluorescent paint. To get rid of dark eye circles, you will need to quit smoking or moderate your drinking habits.
Age is a factor when it comes to dark circles. And you cannot get rid of dark eye circles by turning back an age clock. As we age, the amount of collagen in the skin around the eyes diminishes. That leaves the skin thin and translucent. That makes those dark circles practically glow in the dark. But to get rid of dark eye circles, you need to replenish the collagen with an eye cream designed to nourish the skin. Those are some ideas on how to get rid of dark eye circles.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.