Get Rid of Dark Under Eye Circles Without Spending Much
Everyone wants to look at a bright and fresh face when he or she gets out of bed in the morning. Surely, there is nothing like a blooming face to perk us up as we start a new day. But dark under eye circles can surely ruin a good morning view of one’s face in the mirror. So the question is, how do we get rid of dark under eye circles?
Surely, your grandma mentioned to you at least once that natural is the best way to go. We can all agree when we try these natural solutions ourselves. There are two ways to go about it engaging in health makeovers and DIY treatments.
In the same way that you makeover your hair or wardrobe, you must also makeover your health. Try to do away with the unhealthy practices you have and start being in good shape. You can start by drinking at least ten glasses of water daily, taking eight hours of sleep, and getting a good exercise. These three basic things are a big step to get rid of dark under eye circles.
Improving your diet by eating vitamin K or potassium-rich foods is another step you can take as it is helpful in keeping blood vessels healthy and flexible, thus, reducing the appearance of dark under eye circles. Examples of potassium rich-foods are bananas, peaches, broccoli, spinach and other leafy greens. It is certain that you would get rid of dark under eye circles if you commit to these basic steps.
Do-It Yourself Treatments
DIY treatments are home solutions you can perform with the proper materials. These can usually be found in your kitchen; hence, they are safe, additive-free, and affordable. Try one of the treatments consistently for a few weeks and see which one works best on your skin. All these natural treatments can help you get rid of dark under eye circles effectively.
A few raw materials you can use are potatoes, cucumbers, lemon, calamansi or pineapple juice, mint, turmeric powder, and almond oil.
Here are a few ways on how you should do your own treatment :
- Treatment A : Slice a raw potato or cucumber thinly, and cover your eyes with them for 15-20 minutes. Then wash off with warm water.
- Treatment B : Simply extract lemon or calamansi juice and apply on the dark under eye circles for 10 minutes. You can also do this with pineapple juice mixed with turmeric powder. Do this twice a day, preferably once in the morning and once at night.
- Treatment C : Apply crushed mint around the eyes for 10 minutes. You can also substitute mint with almond oil.
With all these natural and healthy solutions, you are certain to get rid of dark under eye circles. Great results are certain, if you maintain a committed and consistent approach to the natural treatment of your choice.There are also a lot of good eye creams that are available that help you to reduce dark circles like Teamine which is effective and inexpensive.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.