Get Rid of Dark under Eye Circles – Thicken Your Skin and Protect It
Do you want to get rid of dark under eye circles? That is something you and everyone else on your block want at some time in their life. But, you may be one of the unfortunate few that get those circles genetically. Some families have a tendency to have them more than other families do. If you want to get rid of dark under eye circles, you need to start at the beginning. If your family has a genetic link to these dark circles, accept that fact. You cannot change it. But, you can take some moves that will help get rid of dark under eye circles.
Your skin is at its thinnest under the eye. It is the most delicate visible tissue on the body as well. To get rid of dark under eye circles, you need to take care of this skin. This means protecting it from sun damage. Wear a hat and sunglasses every time you go out in the sun. The hat will diminish the sun hitting this skin while the sunglasses will help reduce the amount of squinting you do. It is a good beginning to get rid of dark under eye circles. You also need to wear an eye cream that has SPF components to protect your eyes from further sun damage. It will help get rid of dark under eye circles by protecting the skin from further damage.
To thicken the skin around the eyes is another way to get rid of dark under eye circles. Thickening the skin will diminish the amount of the dark color that shows. You can thicken the skin in a couple of ways. Drink lots of water. Hydrated skin is naturally thicker than non-hydrated skin. Another way to thicken skin to get rid of dark under eye circles is to use an eye cream that helps stimulate collagen. Collagen is a natural part of the body. But as we age, the amount of collagen diminishes. That leaves the skin thin and translucent. In order to get rid of dark under eye circles, you need more collagen.
What else can you do to get rid of dark under eye circles? There are eye creams that contain light diffusing pigments. These pigments help to lighten the appearance of the skin under the eyes. It bounces light off naturally. That is another way to get rid of dark under eye circles. Makeup and concealer are other options as well. When you use all of these suggestions, you have a good chance to get rid of dark under eye circles.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.