Taking the Practical Approach to Brightening Your Eyes
There are a few practical ways for getting rid of dark circles. You don’t need a trip to the plastic surgeon to get results. Most of these techniques are cheap or cost nothing at all. They are easy to do and do not involve pain or discomfort. They work very well for many people in getting rid of dark circles. While some people may need to take extra steps, most people will see fantastic results with these simple options for getting rid of dark circles.
Sleep is a natural way for getting rid of dark circles. When you don’t get enough sleep, your skin looks drawn and paler than normal. That makes those circles appear larger and darker than they might normally. Sleep also helps keep the body healthy. When your body doesn’t get the time it needs to recuperate, you can see it in your eyes. When getting rid of dark circles, you need to find the right balance between enough sleep and too much sleep. Too much sleep can be just as bad. It can lead to swelling. That is the first way for getting rid of dark circles.
Drinking water is another natural way for getting rid of dark circles. See it says water, not liquids. Not all liquids are the same. Water is the best thing for keeping your body healthy and working properly for getting rid of dark circles. If you get your liquids from coffee, alcohol, or caffeinated soda, you are doing your body a disservice. These all act as diuretics and pull moisture out of the body instead of replenishing it. If you add salty foods or drinks to that mix, you are even adding water retention to the problem. Drinking the right liquids is the next way for getting rid of dark circles.
Eating a good diet is a third natural way for getting rid of dark circles. Your body needs the right nutrients to set it up to do its job properly. When you live on junk food or snacks, you are not giving it the right mixture. Make sure you get a balanced diet. Take a multi-vitamin regularly. Both of those measures are important for getting rid of dark circles. If you have done all three of these things, consider adding a good eye cream to your beauty regimen. In combination with the other three, a good eye cream can make the difference in getting rid of dark circles.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.