Glamglow Super Mud Clearing Treatment Review: Is It Safe To Use?
GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment Description
GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment is a cleansing mud mask designed to not only cleanse pores of dirt and impurities but also reverse common skin concerns like redness, acne, scarring, razor bumps, and even ingrown hair. GlamGlow, founded in 2010, was created for makeup professionals in the entertainment industry, but has become a nation-wide sensation. This mask can be purchased for $22 for a 0.5 ounces and $69 for 1.7 ounces on the manufacturer’s site and through retailers like Sephora. GlamGlow provides a money-back gaurantee on all products, which doesn’t seem to have a time limit.
GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment Ingredients
Below is the key ingredient list. You can find the full list on the manufacturer’s site.
- ACNECIDIC-6™ 4.4%: This is the company’s blend of alpha and beta hydroxyl acids, such as lactic acid, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid. These acids are extreme exfoliators that rid pores of all impurities and boost cell turnover, but they can cause skin sensitivity.
- Activated-X Charcoal: Mineral that can pull 500 times its weight in toxins into itself, drawing them out of the skin.
- K17-Clay™: This clay absorbs excess oil and neutralizes bacteria and toxins.
- TEAOXI™: A proprietary blend of linalool oil, eucalyptus oil, and flavonoids that refresh, rejuvenate, and hydrate the skin.
GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment should be applied in a thin layer to clean and dry skin and left for 5-20 minutes before rinsing. You can use this product as a full face mask or just dab it on problem areas, but always use sunscreen in the week following use.
GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment Advantages
- Removes dirt, impurities, and excess oil from pores for clean, refreshed appearance
- The company provides a money-back guarantee that appears to be limitless
- Clinical test results related to the product’s effectiveness are available
GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment Disadvantages
- While results of studies are listed on retailer’s sites, no actual documentation backing the company’s claims of this product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
- While a full ingredient list is provided, no amounts for the ingredients are given
- The acids in this product can cause skin irritation and sun sensitivity
- Manufacturer’s site is not very informative
GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Treatment is designed to completely and deeply cleanse the pores for a smooth, fresh, blemish-free appearance. It contains many well-known acids that are proven to exfoliate the skin and encourage new cell turnover, but many of them do so by harshly dissolving dead cells and drying out the skin. Lactic acid can cause sun sensitivity that can lead to sun damage if you don’t use sunscreen after using the mask. The manufacturer’s site itself is not very informative about how the product works. In clinical studies, 94% of users allegedly saw clearer, renewed skin, but the details of the study’s parameters are not disclosed. GlamGlow provides a money-back guarantee that does not appear to have a time limit.
There are many cleansing face masks available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: