Glamoxy Review: Does It Really Work?
Galmoxy is part of a full range of skin care and anti-aging products manufactured by the company Rodial. Calling itself ‘Snake Serum’, the product is designed to mimic the ‘freezing’ effect that a snake’s venom apparently has on the facial muscles, thereby helping eliminate wrinkles and other signs of aging.
The Rodial company website is very professional looking and contains many useful sections related to skin care such as articles and a general FAQ page. However, the amount of information for each individual product is limited and no customer testimonials or before and after photos are shown. A good amount of space is devoted to showing how popular the Rodial line is with celebrities, and the company claims that many actresses such as Katie Holmes and Jennifer Aniston use their products. The website does have links to certain Rodial products featured in the media, but unfortunately they do not provide any form of clinical studies to show that the formulas actually work.
Glamoxy Snake Serum can be purchased from the company website which ships worldwide, and there is also information on where to purchase the brand from local retailers. No samples or discounts are offered by the company and the refund policy is very unclear.
Glamoxy – Product Description
The main ingredient in this anti-aging serum is Syn-ake, a neuro peptide that the company calls ‘venom inspired’, meaning that it simply has a similar effect to the venom of the Temple snake. Working in a similar way to Botox, it freezes and restricts the facial muscles which not only helps eliminate lines and wrinkles that have already formed, but helps prevent any more from appearing. Although a full ingredient list is not provided, it is known that Glamoxy also contains Fiflow BTX, a substance that carries oxygen to skin cells adding radiance, Ronasphere, to even out skin tone and texture and the anti-oxidant Pomegranate Ellagic Tannin.
Glamoxy Snake Serum is to be used before applying regular moisturizer, both in the morning and at night.
Glamoxy – Advantages
- Rodial is an established, popular skin care company
- The website provides general skin care information and tips
- Glamoxy is available in retail stores worldwide
- Syn-ake is a non-invasive alternative to Botox injections
- The main active ingredients are listed
- The product addresses several aging skin conditions
- Glamoxy contains anti-oxidant ingredients
Glamoxy – Disadvantages
- Glamoxy is expensive, costing $299.00 per 25ml
- The company refund policy is unclear
- No free trials or samples are offered
- There is no clinical evidence to show Glamoxy works
- The full ingredient list is not provided
- No customer testimonials or reviews are shown
- Glamoxy may not be suitable for sensitive skin
Glamoxy – The Bottomline
Without seeing actual evidence of Glamoxy’s results, it is easy to dismiss this brand as just another ‘fad’ product. The use of Syn-ake seems is becoming more popular, which suggests that it may have some type of ‘muscle freezing’ effect, but if this is the case, the manufacturers should include proof on their website. Until more ‘real people’ testimonials can be seen, it is not worth spending this amount of money on the product.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Serums
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.