Exuviance Glycolic Expert Moisturizer Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Customer Reviews And More.
Glycolic Moisturizer Overview:
Glycolic Moisturizer, US $46 for a 1.7 fl. oz. pump bottle, is a moisturizer and an anti-aging product rolled into one.
About Glycolic Moisturizer — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by Neostrata, the skin care brand that claims to have pioneered and popularized the use of chemical peels, glycolic acid in particular, in exfoliating and forcing your skin to regenerate and to turnover. Exuviance is one of the product lines that Neostrata is promoting as the recommended regimen for aging skin care.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Boost your skin’s moisture content and restore ideal hydration mechanisms to keep your skin dewy, plump and well-hydrated.
- Facilitate faster skin cell turnover by speeding up the rate of exfoliation and regeneration with the mild exfoliating action of glycolic acid, so as not to unnecessarily damage your skin.
- Promote a smoother, blemish-free, and even toned skin surface.
- Improve the quality of skin while simultaneously improving skin synthesis to strengthen your skin, making it more resilient to factors that age and damage your skin.
What Are The Ingredients In Glycolic Moisturizer ?
- Glycolic Acid (10.0%): An alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that gently lifts and eliminates debris and other impurities from your skin which, in turn, stimulate faster rates of skin regeneration and turnovers to reveal newer, lesser damaged skin much sooner.
- Aloe Vera: Improves your skin’s healing, repair and rejuvenation processes, it is also responsible for rebuilding your skin’s protective barrier.
- Antioxidants: Protect your skin from cell-damaging free radical attacks and environmental stressors, these ingredients also revitalizes your skin cells, boosting the energy levels to relieve your skin of tired look.
- Vitamin E: Delivers a deep, soothing relief to your skin and, as it moisturizes deep within, it also supports the refortification of your skin’s protective surface layer to help keep moisture in and make your skin better shielded from environmental stressors that can compromise its health and youthful beauty.
- Chamomile Extract: It has natural anti-inflammatory properties that calms chronically irritated skin which, in turn, evens out your skin tone an promotes a brighter complexion.
Directions To Use:
It is highly recommended by the manufacturer that you layer Glycolic Moisturizer with a broad spectrun sunscreen that provides at least an SPF 30 sun protection. It is ideal to use this product over freshly cleansed and toned skin surface to facilitate faster absorption and assimilation into your skin.
- Glycolic Moisturizer contains a highly concentrated form of glycolic acid and a 10 per cent level.
- This product appears to have a wide distribution network and is, therefore, easily accessible.
- This product may cause skin irritation due to the high concentration level of glycolic acid, that is, depending on your skin’s tolerance for AHA and exfoliation in general.
- Glycolic Moisturizer reviews reveal that this product may feel too drying on drier skin types, and that severe inflammation may also occur as a sign of irritation.
Does Glycolic Moisturizer Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using Glycolic Moisturizer:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including butylene glycol, siliscones, chlorphenesin, and a long list of botanical ingredients, depending on your history of allergy.
- Increased risk for developing various forms of cancers due to PEGs.
- Increased risk for reproductive organ related dysfunctions due to EDTA.
- Increased risk for nerve damage and brain related diseases due to phenoxyethanol.
Glycolic Moisturizer Customer Reviews:
Glycolic Moisturizer reviews read:
- “This stuff is the worst! The consultant in the Ulta store recommended this for my combination skin and it has RUINED my skin! I’ve been using it for 1 week and my skin is now red, crusty, and constantly burning. I’ve obviously discontinued it at this point and I will NEVER buy again! It has taken my normal looking skin and turned it monsterous!” — Stepahnie on UltaBeauty
- “This is the best product for part oily/part dry skin. I have adult acme and using this moisturizer after the Exuviance anti-bacterial facial wash has eliminated breakouts. I have used these products for years. My twenty something daughter started using them 9 months ago and they have worked wonders for her oily” — User Review on LovelySkin
Glycolic Moisturizer makes it possible for you exfoliate and moisturize your skin in one go. While it may be time and effort efficient, the solution might not be as effective in as highly targeted solutions.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: