Glytone Acne Clearing Toner Review: Does It Really Deliver Results?
Glytone Acne Clearing Toner Description
Glytone Acne Clearing Toner, US $25 for 240 ml, is a toner specially made for use by people with acne-challenged skin.
More specifically this product is formulated to deliver the following skin health and beauty benefits:
- Deliver salicylic acid to help treat your blemishes, stop acne breakouts, and prevent new infections
- Purify your skin from acne-causing bacteria while simultaneously drawing out impurities from your pores
- Enhance collagen production and stimulate the generation of a new skin layer as the old and damaged surface layer is peeled off and eliminated from your skin
- Regulate oil production to prevent your skin from becoming greasy
Glytone is part of the global company, Pierre Fabre Group, and has been claimed to be the pioneer in harnessing glycolic acid for enhancing skin health and beauty since 1943.
Glytone Acne Clearing Toner Ingredients
- Salicylic Acid (2.0%): Delivers triple benefits. First, it aids in lifting the damaged surface layer and eliminates it from your skin, stimulating collagen production and cellular-level repairs in the process. Second, it regulates skin flaking to prevent dry skin from developing plugs inside your pores and keep these from starting an infection. Third, it controls oil production to make your skin less favorable for acne-causing bacteria to proliferate, treat blemishes and stop breakouts.
Use Glytone Acne Clearing Toner once or up to thrice daily depending on your skin’s tolerance to the formula, ideally as part of your regular daily or nightly skin care routine following a fresh cleanse. Soak a cotton pad and apply on your skin with gentle, upward strokes. No need to rinse.
Glytone Acne Clearing Toner Advantages
- This product contains salicylic acid at 2.0 per cent, a concentration that makes it effective in exfoliating your skin.
- This product has been guaranteed by the manufacturer to be oil-free and non-comedogenic
- A Glytone Acne Cleansing Toner review echoes what other users have attested to, which is, that the product works to clarify acne-challenged skin.
Glytone Acne Clearing Toner Disadvantages
- This product contains acetone, which can cause mild to severe skin irritations on contact with the skin, and, can permanently damage your skin with long-term product use.
- The formula contains isopropyl alcohol, a useless skin product ingredient that instantly dries out your skin, cause irritations, worsen blemishes including acne, and permanently damage your skin with long-term use.
- This product contains fragrances and artificial colorants which can be severely irritating to your skin.
- A Glytone Acne Cleansing Toner review cited the burning sensation this product leaves on the skin in exchange for a cheap price.
Glytone Acne Clearing Toner seems like a reasonably priced toner that should work because it contains salicylic acid at 2.0 per cent concentration. In fact, it would have been much better if there was just this ingredient in this toner rather than adding in the only 8 other ingredients in the formula. If you have acne problems, expect this product to make it worse, and expect your skin to come out permanently damaged as well.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: