Glytone Dark Spot Corrector Review: Is It Suitable For Your Skin?
Glytone Dark Spot Corrector Description
Glytone Dark Spot Corrector, US $52 for 69 ml, promises to relieve you and your skin from your dark and pigmented skin troubles.
More specifically, this product has been specially formulated to work in the following ways:
- Eliminate the damaged surface layer of your skin to remove the damage
- Stimulate collagen production and the regeneration of a new, more flawless skin layer to replace the damaged top layer
- Inhibit the production of melanin and its precursors to stop or reduce skin pigmentation
- Reveal a lighter, more even toned complexion with regular, long term product use
- Restore your skin health and beautiful overall complexion
Glytone, founded in 1943, claims to have pioneered the use of glycolic acid in skincare beginning in 1992. The company is now part of the Pierre Fabre Group which operates on the global scale.
Glytone Dark Spot Corrector Ingredients
- Hydroquinone (2.0%): The primary ingredient in this formula that works to lighten dark spots by inhibiting tyrosinase, a melanin precursor, so that melanin formation is blocked and you get a lighter skin tone
- Glycolic Acid: An alpha hydroxy acid that gives your skin mild exfoliation, gently lifting the damaged surface layer so that collagen may be stimulated and new skin can surface as a replacement
- Kojic Acid (1.0%): A chemical produced by fungus used for fermentation processes, this ingredient works by suppressing oxygen levels which, in turn, supports the formation of several melanin precursors, effectively inhibiting melanin production in the process
Use Glytone Dark Spot Corrector twice daily as part of your regular day time and night time routines. Apply this product right after a refreshing cleanse and under your thicker creams and makeup. Always use sunscreen throughout the entire duration of product use.
Glytone Dark Spot Corrector Advantages
- This product does not contain pore-clogging and grease-forming oils.
- The formula does not contain irritating fragrances.
- Glytone Dark Spot Corrector reviews have attested that the formula works but, it takes at least 3 to 6 months before improvements become noticeable.
Glytone Dark Spot Corrector Disadvantages
- This product continues to carry hydroquinone, once the golden standard in skin lightening that has been banned for use in cosmetics and personal care products in several countries, excluding the US, for being a suspected carcinogen.
- This product has BHA and BHT on top of its ingredients list, the first is a suspected carcinogen while the latter is a suspected endocrine-disrupting chemical.
- This product contains several ingredients that can be highly sensitizing and is therefore not recommended for use by people with sensitive and problematic skin, as well as by people with darker skin tones.
- Glytone Dark Spot Corrector reviews have pointed out that the formula just very slightly improves discoloration.
Glytone Dark Spot Corrector contains ingredients that are well-known to lighten and even out dark skin imperfections. The formula, however, will take months to work. The biggest drawback, however, is that your US $52 will buy you a formula loaded with several toxic, potentially carcinogenic chemicals. There are much better, much safer and cheaper options out there.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Skin Lightening Choices
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."