Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What Is Guerlain METEORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder?
Founded in 1828 in France as a fragrance company, the House of Guerlain is also one of the oldest, most reputable brands in the global skincare industry. Its founder, Pierre-François Pascal Guerlain was, at one point, appointed as the official perfumer of the French royal family, and has, subsequently, created signature fragrances for other key royal figures in Europe.
The Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (LVMH) Group acquired Guerlain and took full control of the company in 1994, retaining the luxury and extravagant character that is undeniably Guerlain.
Just when you thought that’s all, you will be happy to note that Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder is specially formulated to resist pollution with Guerlain’s Urban Protect Complex. This special blend of ingredients which includes a sun protection factor (SPF) 35 and powerful antioxidants, help fight the skin cell damaging effects of environmental stressors that cause skin to become aged, wrinkled and hyperpigmented.
This product retails between $45 and $60 for every 2.1 oz.
Guerlain METEORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder: Does It Really Work?
From one of the most recognized and oldest fragrance and cosmetics brand comes a pressed powder that does more than just smoothen your skin and even out your skin tone.
The Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder is aware of the skin needs of the modern woman. It packs away in a slim, luxurious compact, an absorbent powder formulation that regulates your skin’s natural oils and moisture while bringing in shine to perk up any dull skin and certainly add character to already well-maintained skin. The formulation does not slop makeup on your face, however, and instead, delivers all of these visual benefits through a very lightweight medium that is sheer and almost leaves your skin bare and naked and yet absolutely enhanced.
As, per the manufacturer of the product, while this product works well for all skin types, those with dry and combination skin types will be able to harness more out of this product. This product is offered in three subtly differentiated shades:
- Teint Rose, white pressed powder for the fairer skinned.
- Teint Dore, contains more gold particles in it, and works up wonders for all skin tones.
- Teint Beige, gives off a subtle bronze shimmer which also works well for all skin tones.
This product contains fragrance that gives you a whiff of violets.
What Are The Ingredients In Guerlain METEORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder?
- Dimethicone: It provides a protective cover on skin that seals in moisture, leaving skin hydrated for longer. However, this coating property can also trap dirt, sebum and bacteria, resulting in skin irritation and clogged pores.
- Caprylyl Glycol: A humectant and skin conditioning agent that lends moisturization, emollience and wetting properties to many cosmetic solutions. It also function as a stabilizer and has been shown to increase the antimicrobial activity of other preservatives. However it may cause skin irritation.
- Pentylene Glycol: This ingredient is used in cosmetics and beauty products that is also secondarily used as a solvent and preservative. However, can cause skin irritation, dermatitis and hives from too many mast skin cells.
- Benzyl Benzoate: It is a synthetic chemical used as a fragrance ingredient, artificial flavor, preservative, and solvent. However it can lead your skin to Giant Hives, Redness Of Skin and Stinging Of Skin.
How To Apply Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder?
- As, per the claims made, for regular day time wear, most especially on a humid day, feel free and confident to apply Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder singly on your bare, thoroughly cleansed and toned skin.
- For those days where you and your skin can tolerate a layered makeup complexion, wear Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder on top of your foundation fluid, tinted moisturizer as well as your other makeup skin creams and serums to set these products down to a sheer, luminous, matte finish.
- Apply the product using the sponge that comes with it but, for better control and more amazing results, apply on skin using a broad brush.
Benefits of Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder
- It is not a great as the pearls but it is still a must for any traveler!
- This powder gives the cheeks a nice finish with blush and smooths the skin’s complexion.
Disadvantages of Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder
- This product leads to clogging of pores which indirectly leads to acne breakout!
- Some people also claimed that this product leads to skin irritation and not suitable for sensitive skin!
- Some people also stated that this product will lead you to sagging skin as well as skin redness.
Does Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder Have Any Side Effects?
- This product contains Aluminum, a controversial ingredient that raises concerns for risk of neurotoxicity.
- This product contains Tridecyl Trimellitate, suspected for organ and systemic toxicity.
- This product contains Benzyl Benzoate and Benzyl Alcohol, well-known skin irritants.
- This product contains fragrance ingredients that may be irritating for sensitive skin types.
Final Verdict: Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder
Guerlain MÉTÉORITES COMPACT Pressed Powder can be a great addition to your beauty kit. Take it everywhere with you and let it move your brilliant, naturally glowing skin from day to night.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.