Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Neck & Décolleté Cream Review: Is It Good?
Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Details
“The secret of extraordinary longevity for your skin” — The Guerlain website says so of its Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Neck and Décolleté Cream, available between US $250 and US $300 for every 2.53 oz. jar.
The secret of the formulation? It is made with Imperial Orchid Molecular Extract as its primary ingredient, traditionally consisting of four orchid varieties and, just recently, the brand added the extract of Gold Orchid into the formula. All five orchids were handpicked from out of 30,000 varieties over a period of more than 10 years of product research and development efforts.
Beyond moisturizing your skin, this product promises to significantly improve your skin’s density and enhance resilience against damage. In addition, Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Neck and Décolleté Cream commits to deliver the following benefits for your skin:
- Lighten dark spots
- Brighten your overall complexion
- Promote firmer skin
- Enhance skin texture
- Boost moisture and smoothness
Based on a study involving 40 women where the product was administered day and night for 4 weeks, the following observations were yielded:
- Up to 61 per cent enhanced skin smoothness
- Up to 42 per cent firmer, more pulled up appearance of skin
- Up to 30 per cent denser skin appearance
- Up to 37 per cent improved skin elasticity
Product may be safely used on your neck, chest and back of hands — areas of your skin exposed to the sun as often as your face is.
Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Ingredients List
Guerlain does not disclose the full ingredients list nor the key ingredients for this product, other than mentioning five orchid varieties.
Orchid extracts are reputed for enhancing skin strength and resilience, but also for its capability to revitalize your skin down to the cellular level. The result is faster skin cell turnover and regeneration that keeps the surface layer young, rejuvenated and periodically renewed to show only more radiant and more flawless skin.
Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Directions/Working
Use only Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Neck and Décolleté Cream on freshly washed and toned skin. Liberally app;y on your neck, chest and back of hands. For best results, use product day and night without fail.
As product may contain photosensitizing ingredients, make it a point to apply sunscreen on treatment areas during the day.
GUERLAIN ORCHIDÉE IMPÉRIALE ADVANTAGES
- Formulated from over 10 years of anti-aging skincare research
- Claims are backed up by studies
- Brand commands a loyal following for years, with users attesting to its effectiveness
- Manufacturer commits to multiple benefits
Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Disadvantages
- Full product ingredients list not openly disclosed, making efficacy impossible to evaluate
- Product has been reportedly tested on animals
- Product is ridiculously expensive relative to other products in its league
Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Neck and Décolleté Cream certainly gives extraordinary longevity for your skin but there are so many products available that can also restore radiance, shape and give support to the neck area. Question is whether or not it will satisfy your skin needs based on skincare science as we know it today.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.